creating avchd disc at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old October 27th, 2009, 09:03 AM   #1
Regular Crew

creating avchd disc

Hello.

I'm trying to create a disc which is the combo of hi-def video on a standard disc that will play on my Playstation 3, it's all I have for a blu-ray player at present, with menus as opposed to the data disc it's being recognized as right now.

I'm reading a bunch of things about it and I've confused myself a little.

First off, can I create the video files in Vegas and render this AVCHD disc format with DVDA?

Secondly, I read that I should be rendering the disc as AVCHD from Vegas. I know Vegas renders files, but does it render the entire disc with a menu? I didn't think it did.

Third, am I even on the right track here?

Thanks,
Rich
Rich Petruccelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2009, 08:26 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Rich,

I don't know if this is going to help or not.

You state that you want to create HD on a standard DVD from AVCHD files. I do this by selecting WMV11 under the render as menu, then select the appropriate settings (ie. 6mbs 1080 30P) or whatever your property settings are.

After creating the WMV file, I insert a blank standard DVD into my PC and create a video DVD with the WMV file I just created.

I have but do not use the DVD Architect.

Hope this helps,

Doug
Doug Marcum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2009, 06:09 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Hey Doug. Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately it appears that DVDA doesn't accomplish this task at present time. I tried another authoring package and it worked. I don't like that you can't customize the menus like you can in DVDA, but for now... It works.

R
Rich Petruccelli is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...