No preview on external monitor in Vegas 9 Pro at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old October 28th, 2009, 09:49 AM   #1
Regular Crew

No preview on external monitor in Vegas 9 Pro

I am trying to use an external monitor for previewing from Vegas Pro 9. XP is quite happy with my 2nd monitor.

I have set the preferences to "Windows secondary display". However, when I start "Video preview on external monitor" preview show on the main display in full screen. Tried to turn off/on "Show video monitor" in trimmer window-

My desktop is extended across the two monitors and the "Identify Monitors" button correctly identifies 1 and 2.

I'm using Vegas 9 Pro version 9.0b(build 772)

So Windows XP sees my 2nd monitor but Vegas does not. Any ideas how to solve this one please, or show me a place where to find a solution for this?
Leif Skoglund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2009, 07:24 AM   #2
Major Player

Leif

In Preferences->Preview Device, aswell as selecting "Windows Secondary Display", have you actually selected the secondary display from the drop down box under "Display Adapter"?

Ian
Ian Briscoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2009, 05:16 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Hi Leif

I had exactly the same issue with Vegas 9!! I eventually discovered it was something to do with the trimmer taking over focus from the preview screen!!!

Try keeping the trimmer out of the configuration for the time being and just have the timeline, media and preview on-screen. Then adjust the settings. I also noticed that some settings that should work for the external monitoring also gave me a dead screen!!! Just to get it running keep everything on auto to start with and it will work.

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...