Unable to render quicktime file? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old November 14th, 2009, 09:51 AM   #1
Major Player

Unable to render quicktime file?

Hello all.
All of a sudden I'm unable to render any quicktime files. This is on a Windows XP Media Center PC with Vegas Pro 9c. The render looks like it starts and then ends, no file created other than the temp .sfl file. This is with any of the default QT settings. I tried updating QT to the newest this morning and still nothing.

Anyone have any ideas on this?
Thanks.
Old November 14th, 2009, 09:53 AM   #2
Major Player

Forget it. Solved the problem. It was unable to write the QT file to that particular drive. Rendering to a different drive worked, even tho I could render a .wmv file to that drive. Odd.
Old November 18th, 2009, 01:01 PM   #3
Inner Circle

That is weird...glad you found some kind of solution.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2009, 01:30 PM   #4
Regular Crew

less weird than one might think...

i could not render to QuickTime (or rather, it would let me click to render, but would instantly be done with no result) until i switched the render output to the C drive at which point it rendered fine as if nothing was wrong. (this happened to me a month ago using 9c or 9b can't remember)

go figure.

i think the cause was to do with permission settings, as they'd been changed the same day so the render drive became shared... i later removed the share and set up permissions so EVERYONE could read/write: the next time i rendered a QuickTime to that drive it worked normally... i never connected the two events til a week later so who knows...

TO RECAP
if one ever has a problem rendering to QuickTime, try rendering the file to your OS drive instead.
Rob Wood is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...