Unable to click "custom" when attempting to Render As at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old November 16th, 2009, 01:21 AM   #1
Tourist

Unable to click "custom" when attempting to Render As

Hi all. I'm new to all this and attempting to upload my first video. Following this tutorial YouTube - How to render HD videos for youtube in Sony Vegas THE RIGHT WAY!

I click File/Render As, select mainconcept aac/avc4 for the "save as type" but doing so greys out the "custom" button. Googling the problem, I found someone else with the exact same problem and they said it's because they have Vegas Platinum and need to upgrade to Pro however I have Sony Vegas Platinum Pro but still have this issue. Any idea?
Sean Ambrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2009, 01:50 AM   #2
Inner Circle

They are talking about Vegas Pro 8 or 9, not Platinum. Any of the Platinum designations are lower end consumer level programs with limitations on various capabilities. Apparently you found one of the limitations.
Old November 16th, 2009, 01:52 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Vegas Pro is not Vegas Platinum Pro... Vegas Pro is the Pro application. Costs $599 I believe. Do you have tthe option under Render As to do Sany AVC?
Old November 16th, 2009, 02:11 AM   #4
Tourist

Damn. Thank you very much for the responses.
Sean Ambrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2009, 08:02 AM   #5
Sponsor: JET DV

That's one of the many limitations of the "Movie Studio" versions. While an extremely powerful application, the "Movie Studio" versions have many limitations over the Pro versions.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...