Looking for solution to interlacing artifacts before I kill myself at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old November 16th, 2009, 07:02 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Looking for solution to interlacing artifacts before I kill myself

This issue is seriously getting me down. I'm capturing pal dvcam footage to Sony Vegas Pro 8 and whenever there is movement, there are those horizontal lines from hell which are doing my head in, bigtime. I captured footage from the same camera into Vegas 7 early this year and had no problems with interlacing. I have changed the settings all over the place but can't seem to get rid of it. Thankfully I managed to get the last project on to a dvd just in time for my deadline and with no interlacing lines, by changing the settings to Progressive scan. However, the lines ONLY disappeared after I had written the file to dvd. Now I'm trying to do the same thing to make a file for youtube and no luck at all.

I have searched the internet, both this website and others, but the only thing that seemed to work (a method called "bob") changed the aspect ratio considerably and not to my liking.

If anyone knows an infallible way to set the project settings I would be extremely thankful. I will post some screens of my setup later, for easier pinpointing of the problem.

Thanks in advance,

Sverrir
Sverrir Fridriksson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2009, 08:13 PM   #2
Major Player

Hi Sevrrir,

Couple of weeks ago I was facing the same issue and I was going nuts. I tried everything till I found the solution to my issue.

Right click on the clip check off the flicker box and see if you still have the same problem. It did work out for me and I hope it doeswork ou for you too.

Matthew
Old November 16th, 2009, 08:43 PM   #3
Major Player

I assume you have gone to the properties menu for the project and changed the format to progressive yes?

Jon
Jon McGuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2009, 11:05 AM   #4
Major Player

Changing deinterlace method in properties to interpolate fields solved that problem for me.
Duane Adam is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...