flickering video ..how to render? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old November 17th, 2009, 04:22 PM   #1
Regular Crew

flickering video ..how to render?

i am using a DVD rip in my project where i need to use for 10-15 sec in a 20 mins video.. ... now when i render my project rest of the video is fine but the part where i have the dvd rip file .. the output always fliker.. is there some thing i can do to fix it ???

i am attaching a very small clip here

Video - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

you can see the flicker i am talking about and the file information is here

i am rendering it out to AVI with standard settings.

please help
Attached Thumbnails
flickering video ..how to render?-fliker-problem.jpg  
Old November 17th, 2009, 07:18 PM   #2
Trustee

There are a few issues / questions. According to your Gspot info, your video is a 24P XVID file. Why XVID? Why 24P? What did you use to make this with? From the file size, this looks like an XVID conversion of the entire movie. If you are rendering from Vegas, you shouldn't be rendering as XVID. Choose Main Concepts MP4 and also don't convert to 24P.

You should avoid intermediate encoding steps when you want to use a DVD as a video source. You can drag the VOB file straight onto the time line and cut what you need. Note: Explorer in Vegas will not recognize a VOB file but you can directly drag a VOB onto the time line.
Jim Snow is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...