DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Score Board for sports events (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/468033-score-board-sports-events.html)

John Lorince November 19th, 2009 09:29 AM

Score Board for sports events

Good day to you all! I was just sitting here thinking of how I can incorporate score board graphics into my sports events...and I suppose the only way to do this is watch the whole game in the edit bay and switch the score manually as people score. With Basketball, this would be every minute or so....I suppose I could capture live into my editor and do a live edit to save time in the edit bay on this....just thinking out loud here...If anyone has any thoughts on this please join in....does any one here capture live events and edit that with graphics online so to speak? I have yet to do this with Vegas and even wonder if you can....I do have that new Adobe On location software also, but thinks this is not a true editing suite, just for capturing.

Thanks in Advance!

Edward Carlson November 19th, 2009 10:08 AM

I did this for a few basketball games. I just created a graphic in Photoshop, then used FCP's built-in text generator to create the score. Each time there was a score, I just changed the number. It took some time, but the end result was well worth it. I'm not familiar with Vegas, but if you can have multiple layers of video then you can do something similar.

Edward Troxel November 19th, 2009 10:12 AM

Edward, yes the same could easily be done in Vegas.

John, if you want to tape the scoreboard the entire time, another option would be to add that camera angle as a PIP.

John Lorince November 19th, 2009 10:23 AM

Live Event Editing

Thanks guys for responding...Edward is there a way to edit a live stream with Vegas...and use it to add graphics while I capture? I know I have seen this before with other editors while I worked on a live concert crew once and also at a church event with FCP.

Edward Troxel November 19th, 2009 10:47 AM

No. Vegas won't edit a live stream.

Jonathan Palfrey November 19th, 2009 01:15 PM

I was wondering a while ago how to incorporate a clock on the scoreboard. Is there anyway to generate one without having to type out every single second?

As for just a general scoreboard I do it like how Edward explained, create it in photoshop then generate the text in Sony Vegas.

Mike Kujbida November 19th, 2009 01:21 PM

Free on the VASST site, courtesy of John Meyer:
Count Up/Down Sports Clock

John Lorince November 20th, 2009 02:18 AM

I like the idea of filming the clock....and ironically enough as I type this I see a game on HD cable showing that exact thing. I think I would create a graphic then encase the clock in it for a more custom look. Thanks for all ideas and input.

John Lorince November 22nd, 2009 11:51 AM

Script?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Kujbida (Post 1449693)
Free on the VASST site, courtesy of John Meyer:
Count Up/Down Sports Clock

Mike is there a script buried in this clock counter somewhere? Just wondering how I can make it appear for more than 5 seconds at a time it at all possible...?

John Lorince November 22nd, 2009 11:59 AM

I understand

I did just figure out how to make the time what I want it to be and to make it last as long as I need it to. For those that are interested in how that works, I went to properties and adjusted length and where the time starts at. Thanks Mike!