DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   End of Cinescore? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/468620-end-cinescore.html)

David Jasany November 30th, 2009 07:44 AM

End of Cinescore?

Maybe this is old news, but I didn't see any mention of it here. I just opened a 1-week old email from Sony advertising a clearance on Cinescore. Towards the end of the email it states:

"Cinescore software and Theme Packs will no longer be available for purchase from Sony Creative Software after December 31, 2009, so take advantage of these prices now, or miss your chance to load up on a lifetime of royalty-free soundtracks!"

Dave

Chris Harding November 30th, 2009 05:09 PM

Hi David

I haven't heard about any replacement in the offing so I think that SmartSound basically just overcame them. There is some more news about Cinescore on the SmartSound website.

Chris

Edward Troxel November 30th, 2009 05:41 PM

Sony Creative Software - Newsletter - November 2009

Quote:

Cinescore continues to create exciting soundtracks worldwide, but it's time to move forward. We're currently developing next generation music creation technology and the current version of Cinescore will be the last.

Tom Roper November 30th, 2009 08:45 PM

I look forward then, to the next generation music creation technology, from Sony.

I currently use Smartsound, but it's not creating anything, just altering the timings of already-created, royalty free, quality music in a variety of genres. I do like the quality of it, and the ability to export discrete sound tracks for each instrument makes possible unique surround mixes.

Marcus Martell December 1st, 2009 12:30 PM

So is worth to buy cinescore right now?

thx

Chris Barcellos December 1st, 2009 12:47 PM

Is it worth it ? Hmmm.

I have used Digital Juice, Smartsound, and Cinescore. Each has its benefits. Cinescore has a lot of variations on the basic theme, for each piece, which can be used at a specific length. And with the individual track purchases available at $4 a track, you can cherry pick each of their theme packs. I think that makes it worth it.

Ian Stark December 1st, 2009 01:51 PM

My only major hesitation with Cinescore is the relatively limited number of themes/tracks, compared with the substantial portfolio that SmartSound has.

I think there are something like 20 themes in total, each containing about 10 tracks. Of course you can tinker with the themes to change the intensity, tempo etc and add 'hints' here and there, but there's only so much you can do to make the results sound very different. Some of the tracks really do sound great, but there are many that certainly would not work in my line (corporate video) such as Polka Time and Klezmerada!

At the current special price I guess it's pretty good value, but you would still be spending something like £350 to get the full set of themes (should you want them all, of course, and I really don't know why anyone would, even at a few quid each!).

I am not really sure what the market is/was for Cinescore. Home video creators will presumably just go ahead and use whatever their favourite current piece of music is, regardless of copyright - who would ever know? And corporate video makers can only really use a particular theme once or twice at most. Amateur filmmakers? Maybe. Wedding videos probably is a good bet, where the assumption is that you could reuse themes over and over. All just my opinion, though . . .

Roll on the 'new generation', whatever that might be.

Chris Swanberg December 1st, 2009 11:15 PM

While I hold SonicFire (SmartSound's offerring) in high regard, Cinescore allows major variations in a soundtrack ... so much so as to actually turn each one into many multiples. SmartSound not so much so...

Each has advantages, but for variations on a theme, Cinescore is the hands down winner.

I'd still consider cherry picking the selections, and have. I will continue to use it, even after it is no longer augmented. And, who knows, maybe you will get a discount on whatever replaces it a a registered user !

Chris S.

Dave Blackhurst December 2nd, 2009 12:05 PM

I've been wondering about the Cinescore deal as well...

Looks like a bargain as described at a little over $50USD:
Includes Cinescore application and content DVD containing 20 Themes and over 300 audio transitions and sound effects,

I take that to mean it includes the themes in the deal, sounds interesting, anyone using it have a take on it?

Marcus Martell December 4th, 2009 01:52 AM

Hi, i was thinking to buy Cinescore for eay instrumental loopos for historical-nature documentaries, but i didn't find a lot of music (that could fit with that style)....Ok i didn't float on any pack,maybe somebody could give me suggestions on that!
thx

MM

Marcus Martell December 28th, 2009 01:30 PM

At the end of december, who of you guys took advantage of the offer?I m still looking for good feedback on that,,,,

thx

Thomas Moore December 28th, 2009 02:41 PM

I have bought several of the individual themes...

Marcus Martell December 30th, 2009 01:01 PM

Tom suggestions on the packs?

Randy Stewart December 30th, 2009 02:16 PM

I have several of the theme packs. In addition to what it comes with, just bought !con ritmo! (latin, sounded really hot), have bought previously Pass the Ring, Ideal Vacation, and Adrenaline Surge. Have used Cinescore quite a bit for sound tracks in slide shows and shorts.

I really like the flexibility that Cinescore brings to my tool box. In fact, not too long before Cinescore came out, I was complaining about not being musical enough to put loops together and didn't anyone have something that I could use right out of the box with the ability to tweak a little for different videos and not worry about license issues for less than $500? Cinescore hit the mark for me. The more I discover about how to use the hints and different mixes, the more valuable Cinescore becomes.

At the on sale price, it's a no brainer. Grab it while you can.

Randy

Marcus Martell December 31st, 2009 05:19 AM

Hi, i m trying to buy it through download but after i put my datas and credit card number it brings me on another page writing me nothing.It s a page with the products on offer.Very mad