Where to buy Royal Free Music at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old December 2nd, 2009, 11:08 AM   #1
Major Player

Where to buy Royal Free Music

Hi All,

I am in need of some royal free music and loops for broadcasting. Will someone please tell me as which companies offer a good range of selections either in U.S. or Canada?

Thanks
Matthew
Old December 2nd, 2009, 02:17 PM   #2
Sponsor: JET DV

Cinescore's on sale...

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-hap...ml#post1455165
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2009, 02:54 PM   #3
Regular Crew

After two years of sifting through lots of bad "free" music I finally broke down and bought from these two:

SmartSound Software

Digital Juice - The Leader in Royalty Free Professional Animations, Stock Footage, Music, Layered Graphics, Clip Art and Templates
Tom Dickerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2009, 04:48 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Nice to see you here Tom!!

I have been using SmartSound for years and for me it's really hard to beat as the music is very professional. However the initial cost is high at $99 per library but they often run specials too!! The advantage of being able to let the software "compose" the song to fit the track exactly is a big advantage for me.
Cinescore is on special but I found it was more suited to industrial type productions and SS has more orchestral style libraries which suit my wedding videos better.

I also find that the single layer disks (cheaper too!) work better for me than the multitrack ones but I guess that depends on your gendre.

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2009, 07:53 PM   #5
Trustee

Quote:
I also find that the single layer disks (cheaper too!) work better for me than the multitrack ones but I guess that depends on your genre.
I like the multitrack ones, I can mix killer discrete 5.1 surround audio by exporting each instrument.

Last edited by Edward Troxel; December 3rd, 2009 at 09:19 AM.
Tom Roper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2009, 06:23 AM   #6
Inner Circle

Hi Tom

That's a good idea!!! I actually have some multi disks. I rather liked the idea of having stock music on my HDD and it's a little heavy if you put nearly 3GB of data per library!!

I must try the 5.1 idea!! Even if I have to run libraries from DVD

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2009, 12:08 PM   #7
Trustee

Something else I do Chris, with the multi-tracks, is create a duplicate track underneath each one, combine the L,R channels on the duplicate, then use shelf filters to direct low frequency to the LFE channel, and for the original track, another shelf filter so that bass isn't being doubled, i.e. highs to the mains, lows to the LFE, for each multitrack. For the highs, you can bias the sounds toward whichever speakers front and rear give the sound mix you like.

Then export the file with Vegas AC3 Pro encoder. You can really get staggeringly full bodied discrete 5.1 mixes from the multi-track titles.
Tom Roper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2009, 05:39 PM   #8
Major Player

Your question would probably have been better posted in the Audio Forum. Here is a link to a thread posted there:

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/all-thin...est-place.html
Chris Swanberg is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...