DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   can vegas 9 output to flv? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/468969-can-vegas-9-output-flv.html)

David Delaney December 5th, 2009 10:17 AM

can vegas 9 output to flv?

Just wondering if there is a way to output to FLV directly from Vegas?

Ian Stark December 5th, 2009 10:42 AM

Sadly no, but here's a free converter if it's of any help.

Free Video to Flash Converter: convert video to flv swf flash

Can't vouch for it's quality/performance but I have used a couple of other of their free products and they seem OK.

David Delaney December 5th, 2009 11:16 AM

thanks I will try that.

Don Bloom December 5th, 2009 02:05 PM

Directly, no but there are many intermediate programs to do that conversion. Personally I output Vegas to AVI then bring that into Flix Standard to convert to either FLV or SWF. Very neice quality and it was very inexpensive to buy. I use it all the time.

Chris Harding December 5th, 2009 08:57 PM

Hey Don

I'll second that!! However I normally render the clip out to an MPEG2 in Vegas and use the default template and then change the video size to my player's dimensions, interlacing to progressive, frame rate to 30 and aspect to square pixels.

After Flix Pro has converted it the result is very acceptable!!! I should try outputting to an AVI maybe??? Wonder if it makes any difference????

Chris

Perrone Ford December 5th, 2009 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Harding (Post 1456708)
...However I normally render the clip out to an MPEG2 in Vegas and use the default template and then change the video size to my player's dimensions, interlacing to progressive, frame rate to 30 and aspect to square pixels.

After Flix Pro has converted it the result is very acceptable!!! I should try outputting to an AVI maybe??? Wonder if it makes any difference????

Well, outputting to a lossy format, with a substandard deinterlace, a substandard resample, and likely a poor decimation to 30p, and yea, I think going to AVI could gain you some better results depending on how it's done. Depending on what kind of AVI and what you do with it from there.

Hugh Mobley December 5th, 2009 09:24 PM

this is a powerful converter, XVID4PSP AND FREE
Winnydows Home

Ian Stark December 6th, 2009 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh Mobley (Post 1456716)
this is a powerful converter, XVID4PSP

Seems to convert everything into everything EXCEPT FLV! ;-)

Bill Binder December 8th, 2009 05:01 PM

For rendering flash, I highly recommend frameserving directly out of Vegas to your encoder of choice. This will avoid an intermediate render and will provide the encoder with a nice clean input.

Seth Bloombaum December 8th, 2009 05:07 PM

Wow I've posted a lot about flash video in various dvinfo forums. There seem to be many misunderstandings about the various codecs.

Free does not equal good, when talking about the orginal Sorenson Spark flash video codec. h.264 is free (and we have it in Vegas!), but frequently isn't the best choice.

See here http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-hap...ggestions.html, and, searching on "flash video" will lead to lots of threads in this and in the streaming forum.

Luis Rolo December 15th, 2009 07:10 AM

Just export mp4 or mov (both h264) and change the extension to flv.

Ian Stark December 15th, 2009 07:42 AM

I may be mistaken, but I was under the impression that an h264 file that had simply had its extension changed to flv would not look as good as the same file with its original mp4 extension.

I don't have first hand experience of this so I could well be wrong.

Luis Rolo December 15th, 2009 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian Stark (Post 1460528)
I may be mistaken, but I was under the impression that an h264 file that had simply had its extension changed to flv would not look as good as the same file with its original mp4 extension.

I don't have first hand experience of this so I could well be wrong.

I can't see any difference and I always do that.

Bill Binder December 16th, 2009 11:06 AM

One thing to watch out for is that older flash players can't play MP4.

Gerald Webb December 16th, 2009 02:23 PM

output to Lagorith, then to flv or f4v via Adobe media encoder.
For when u want the best. :)