DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   "Vegas Pro has stopped working" error on Vista 32 bit (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/469360-vegas-pro-has-stopped-working-error-vista-32-bit.html)

James E. Davis December 12th, 2009 09:56 PM

"Vegas Pro has stopped working" error on Vista 32 bit

Hello folks, ive searched and searched the forum but i cant find any threads about this error. Here are details of my problem.

My System: Processor is T9550 2.67 GHz, Memory 4 Gigs, Vista Home Premium 32-bit Service Pack 2

Using Vegas Pro 9.0C (Build 896)

Source of media is from an External HD, iOmega.

I use HDVSplit to capture video and scenes. Raw files are .m2t from Canon HV40

Ive done a lot of editing and rendering with no problems at all in the past. Yesterday, i have rendered two 10 min vid using Sony AVC .mp4 (I only use this format all the time), same FX, same tansitions, same font, everything is the same, its a 1 hour footage of a Xmas party so all im doing is cutting it to 10 min clips and by parts to upload on facebook. So for some reason doing part 3 10 min vid, during render it stops at 6% and i get this error "Vegas Pro has stopped working". Clicked OK and the whole program closes, i open it back up, open project, render it and still i get this error. So i did it again and this time i chose Mainconcept .mp4, same darn thing. So what i did was cut down a 5 min. scene and rendered it using Sony AVC and it successfuly rendered the 5 min vid, no problems. Output size is 1280x720 by the way.

The 10 min vid is one whole clip in the timeline, what i dont get is why it rendered with no problems when i split it in half? Do you folks think theres an error on the clip or the footage captured in HDVsplit? Why are the other two 10 min. vids rendered good while an error occured on this one? I have rendered a 30 min. video before and all seemed ok with color correction FX on each clip on the timeline. I figured theres something wrong with this certain clip to give me this error since it will work when i split it in half. I also dont do heavy FX, i also use blend and fade transitions.

The color correction i used is from New Blue called color fixer plus and i have no problems with this in the past. Simple font intro with outline and fades.

Thanks in Advance! Just want to know a solution for this, now im getting disappointed with SVP9 or Vista (causing this problem), i have a feeling this might go on down the line...

Edward Troxel December 13th, 2009 07:11 AM

When the error pops up is there a "details" button? If yes, click on that and post the details.

Can you render the OTHER 5 minutes from that 10 minute clip?

James E. Davis December 13th, 2009 04:40 PM

No Details at all, it said Microsoft will find a solution and will get back to you... something like that.

No but i think ive seen the problem, i played the entire clip on the timeline, seems like its an audio problem, Vegas will shut down after 10 seconds of preview so indeed theres a problem with the clip, i find it very strange.