DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   DVDA suddenly hanging up when burning (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/469718-dvda-suddenly-hanging-up-when-burning.html)

Bill Spearman December 19th, 2009 11:10 PM

DVDA suddenly hanging up when burning

I have been working with DVDA 5.0 for several months now, without problems. Suddenly 2 days ago it hangs up when burning a finished project. Here's some relevant info - am looking for help pls.

It has successfully burned numerous project, includer larger ones.
The drive works, will burn in other apps.
It gets past render, then just stops about 5 minutes into the burn stage - no message, etc
Have reinstalled, issue remains.
It has been updated with the (b) install, which is the latest I have found. Successfully burned after I installed that update some time back.

I am out of ideas. Help?

Edward Troxel December 20th, 2009 07:48 AM

Many people use DVD Architect to PREPARE the DVD and some other app to BURN the DVD.

If it worked a couple days ago, I'd consider doing a system restore back to then and see if it starts working again.

Thomas Moore December 20th, 2009 10:34 AM

What other app can youi use with DVDA prepared files, and what benifit would you get from that?

Mike Kujbida December 20th, 2009 11:13 AM

Once you have the VIDEO_TS & AUDIO_TS folders, you can use any burning app that you have on your computer.
For example, RecordNow, Nero, etc.
I don't know that there's any benefit other than not needing to fire up DVDA but I've always done it this way.

Bruce Phung December 30th, 2009 08:20 PM

I had this same exact problem DVDA 5 rendered, prepared and burning at about 65% and just freezed there. I try DVDA 4.5 did the same thing. I am wondering is that has anything to do with my Desktop Core i7 920 Window 7 64 bit. First I thought maybe my dual layer DVD writter is bad but I am able to burn anything, just not with DVDA.

What I did is copy the Mpeg2 file and ac3 file and try to burn it on my laptop 32 bit Vista and DVDA finish the DVD fine. Very strange.

Brian Luce December 30th, 2009 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce Phung (Post 1466343)
I am wondering is that has anything to do with my Desktop Core i7 920 Window 7 64 bit. .

Ding Ding Ding Ding!

Windows 7 seems to be a common denominator in Vegas issues lately.

Wouldn't this world be a better place if we could all just go back to XP?

Jeff Harper December 31st, 2009 04:59 AM

First thing I would try would be to delete the video and audio tracks and to re-render them to a different drive and then try to burn.

Bruce Phung December 31st, 2009 02:30 PM

Jeff,

I test out your method, render out to a different drive and it works. What's up with DVDA?

Jeff Harper December 31st, 2009 08:51 PM

It's not DVDA, its either your drive, or the original file was corrupted.

The drive likely has bad sectors. Run disc check or do a full format and your problems should be over. This happens, it's nobody's fault.