Another upgrade offer on Sony software - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old December 25th, 2009, 12:16 PM   #16
Regular Crew

I would say the killer upgrade is going from Vegas Movie Studio to Vegas Pro for $149.95

Sony Creative Software - Online Store - Upgrade to Vegas Pro 9 from Vegas Movie Studio

I believe that offer has been corrected as it's now $499 to upgrade from VMS.

Randy
Randy Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2009, 11:53 AM   #17
Major Player

The new "ducking" and automated photo cropping features alone are worth the price. These are huge time savers. The included tutorials were more helpful than I expected. I bought this knowing Vegas 10 is probably only a few months away, but I can easily get by with this version for another year.
Duane Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2009, 12:15 PM   #18
Trustee

Yikes, only a few months away? That reminds me that I still haven't even opened v9 pro or tried an install! hehe. I suppose v10 will also hot have any improvements for us SD cutters.
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2009, 12:47 PM   #19
Trustee

What s this new photo cherry in vegas 9??

thx
Marcus Martell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2009, 09:15 PM   #20
Major Player

I have found this promo to be a COMPLETE FARCE.
I followed up your suggestion Andy & sent an email to Sony with my problem re valid SN for VEG 7 Pro and all I got was a useless automated reply to go to the help section of my software !

Now, on my another machine with VEG 8, I received an unsolicited email with its (VEG 8) SN automatically filled in for this up-grade promo and when I tried to activate it to actually spend some money with them, I got a similar response saying the S/N was not valid !!

If they can't even get this to work or respond to queries correctly, what hope for the program. No wonder people are having problems with it. - What a shame the original Vegas team sold out to Sony as I am sure the original fine program would have evolved to excellence.

For goodness sake Sony get a life !

RonC.
Ron Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2009, 11:48 PM   #21
Major Player

Well, Well, - a result at last !
I posted another terse email off to Sony & received an automated reply that actually worked ! - BUT...

Do you know that the SN in your computer for Vegas is NOT your real SN but a generated one when you register !! - Sure fooled me. (So much for going to "Help /About ")

So, when this was explained & I then had to go & find my original disc with the SN, it WAS different. - I can only repeat what I keep saying about this Sony bunch - HOW DUMB is that ?

So why don't they tell you this, up-front, in the offer. Do they get some weird kick out of making things difficult & frustrating, or are they really trying hard to become a GOVERNMENT ORGANISATION. - (A perfect example of an oxymoron !)

So at last I have actually paid me money & they accepted it !

Now it remains to see if my AVCHD editing improves !

RonC.
Ron Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2009, 12:25 AM   #22
Inner Circle

AVCHD is not and was never meant to be an editable format, but a recording and playback medium. The power of your PC determines your ability to edit AVCHD more than the NLE.

Most current CPUs do not effectively handle AVCHD for professionals who do intensive editing. I have read of folks around here who edit AVCHD on laptops, but I can't imagine they are doing multicam projects or editing for anything beyond personal projects.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2009, 12:48 AM   #23
Inner Circle

Ron -
is it possible you were taking your S/N off of 8.1? I know that you input your 8 S/N and 8.1 comes up with something completely different...
Dave Blackhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2009, 07:05 AM   #24
Major Player

Not to defend Sony for its convoluted system, but inside the program it never says "this is your serial number" nor does it say 'this is the registration number".

I went through the same thing reinstalling Sound Forge. Gotta jump through a lot of hoops...
Old December 29th, 2009, 07:50 PM   #25
Major Player

Yes Dave, I simply went to "Help" in Vegas 8 & checked that the number was what Sony had inserted in the "Specal Offer", and it was the same. It wasn't until I actually got the original boxed one that I discovered that it was totally different.

RonC.
Ron Cooper is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...