Bug in Architect??? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old January 11th, 2010, 12:13 PM   #1
Major Player

Bug in Architect???

There is something wrong with chapter markers and Architect; when I render in Vegas to avc and then import it in Architect the chapter markers disappear (it works OK with MPEG2 rendering).
Marius Boruch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2010, 01:14 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Please forgive me for stating the obvious, but you did hit the "load markers" after importing, right, just to be sure they are not there?
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2010, 02:22 PM   #3
Sponsor: JET DV

Remember that the markers are stored in a separate file. If you move or rename the rendered file(s), the markers would no longer be picked up.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2010, 02:58 PM   #4
Major Player

nothing happens when I click that "load markers" icon in Architect timeline (it was rendered in Vegas to Sony avc template with "save projects markers in media file" option enabled. It works well when it is rendered to MPEG2 (there is no need to force progran to load markers - it happenes automatically with MPEG2, but never with avc). I looked in the folder and Vegas didn't produce any additional files except avc and ac3. What is going on.
Old January 11th, 2010, 03:19 PM   #5
Sponsor: JET DV

For some formats, it embeds in the actual output file. For others, it creates a separate SFL file.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2010, 04:33 PM   #6
Major Player

hm...in case of avc/mp4 files it didn't create such file at all...
Old January 15th, 2010, 08:18 PM   #7
Major Player

In the case of the Blu-Ray AVC template (or any other AVC template) in the Sony AVC encoder, the embedded chapter markers are not compatible with DVD Architect. This causes DVDA to error out at "Rendering 00001.m2ts" when trying to author the disc without forcing recompression of the entire footage. (All of the Sony AVC templates embed the chapter markers in the video files themselves.) And in the case of the Blu-Ray AVC template, the embedded chapter markers are of a format that DVDA cannot read - it is actually intended for use in a different Sony authoring software, the enterprise-level Blu-Print (which generally requires a certain minimum number of discs to be mastered and will cost you an astronomical amount of money, depending on the number of discs authored).

On the other hand, rendering in MPEG-2 in Vegas with chapter markers actually creates a separate DVDA-compatible file for the chapter markers themselves.
Randall Leong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2010, 08:26 PM   #8
Major Player

???
so why they offer 16 different AVC templates in DVDA if they are not functional and cuse error by default???
Old January 15th, 2010, 09:01 PM   #9
Major Player

Actually, those AVC templates are in the main Vegas program, not in DVDA.

And I do agree that the Vegas suite, as currently packaged, seems a bit slapped together rather than integrated. Nonetheless, it is better than some suites which integrate the different components of the suite which have one or more significant weak components.
Randall Leong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2010, 10:55 PM   #10
Major Player

yes, but when I open DVDA and start new project it gives me choice of 24 different templates to create BD - 12 of them are variations of AVC. In Vegas, I use template to create BD with markers option so there is some incosistency here since its twin software will not allow me to use that template. These two are sold together in twin bundle so one would assume that they supposed to be 100% compatible...well they are not...but thanks for your input.
Marius Boruch is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...