DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Vegas 9 Plugs in Vegas 8? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/470889-vegas-9-plugs-vegas-8-a.html)

Bill Binder January 12th, 2010 03:23 PM

Vegas 9 Plugs in Vegas 8?

Does anyone know if I can get the Vegas 9 plugin Fx to work in Vegas 8, like the Fill Light?

Edward Troxel January 13th, 2010 08:27 AM

If you have both Vegas 8 and Vegas 9 installed, Vegas 8 should pick up the extra effects that Vegas 9 installs.

John Chance February 25th, 2010 06:03 PM

Not for me, Ed. Plugins installed in versions 7 and 8 show up in 9, but the VelvetMatter plugin from 9 doesn't show up in the earlier Vegas versions.

I know you know Vegas inside and out - do you know if we could drag a file or .dll from 9 into earlier Vegas versions so we could have things working like they should?

It'd sure help me out. Thanks.

Edward Troxel February 26th, 2010 07:37 AM

I had not actually checked Vegas 8 but, having now done so, I don't see them in Vegas Pro 8 either. I had just answered based on the general knowledge of how plugins work.

Christopher Young February 26th, 2010 11:29 AM

Vegas 9 Plugs in Vegas 8

A lot of people have asked this question. To the best of my knowledge no they can't be run in V8 as they are coded into V9. Velvet Matter who made the Radiance plugin set have done a deal with Sony and they are now part and parcel of V9. In fact if you go to their site you can no longer purchase the plugins for V7 or V8 you just find a notice relating to the sell out to Sony. Those of us who purchased Radiance some years back can still get downloads and support from Velvet Matter though. The install authorization for the Radiance plugs was locked to a specific PC's CPU serial so you could only run them on the PC they were registered to. Overall I would suggest upgrading to 9.0c. It's cheaper to do than was buying the Radiance plugins. They also run better in V9 than they did in V8. Only note of warning is that V9.0c still has the same problem as V8 in rendering out long MXF HD files. Chews up ram and then hangs even with 12GB on board an i7. Purchase Cineform Neoscene to get around that MXF render problem and 9.0c is good to go... and you get the Radiance plugins.

Seth Bloombaum February 26th, 2010 03:54 PM

Hm... I did an online upgrade to 9 - no radiance plugins.

Separate download? Particular bundle?

Mike Kujbida February 26th, 2010 06:26 PM

Seth, part of 9.0 were the Glint, Rays, Defocus, Starburst, Soft Contrast, and Fill Light video FX.
Most (all??) of these were originally from Velvet Matter.

Seth Bloombaum February 26th, 2010 06:32 PM

Thanks Mike - Turns out I do have them! Silly me.

I'll do some playing around...

***edit***
whoowee, fun!
Nice organic efx, I think I might find regular use for "soft contrast" (it's much more than that...)

Thanks!