Video Upload/Render Problem, Please Help at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old January 29th, 2010, 03:11 PM   #1
Tourist

Video Upload/Render Problem, Please Help

I created a 10 min video for the company I work for and they would like me to upload it to their website via an image management system that they use. No matter what I have tried, I cannot upload this file. I've even tried Vimeo and Youtube with no luck. The video was captured in 24p on a Canon XHA1 and edited using Vegas Pro 8. I rendered using a few different things including MainConcept and Sony AVC using these settings http://eugenia.gnomefiles.org/images/mainconcept1.png and http://eugenia.gnomefiles.org/images/sonyavc1.png

The rendered files all play perfectly on every computer I have tried them on. The files are all around 330MB, so not huge by any means.
I thought in desperation that I would try to put it up on our FTP site so they could just have it on their network drive and that failed with a timeout error. When uploading to Vimeo, the file upload goes way too fast and then never finishes, sometimes geting to finishing and other times stalling around mid way. For their IMS, the transfer stalls at different percentages every time.

Can anyone help or suggest things to try? Each render takes 30-45 minutes and I have a deadline today, so I'm running out of options. Thinking about rendering as smaller, more compressed file and trying that.
Ben Leitschuh is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...