Magic Bullets and Nvidia HTX260 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old January 30th, 2010, 06:41 PM   #1
Major Player

Magic Bullets and Nvidia HTX260

I use MB Looks Suite and most updated Vegas 9.0c and replaced Nvidia GTS8900 (640MB) with most recent GTX 260 only to find out that my playback rate plunged from almost real time to 5-9 fps. I installed newest drivers from Nvidia web site. What is going on???!!!!
P.S. I am sorry I put HTX instead GTX in title...
Marius Boruch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2010, 09:32 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Are you sure that video card is supported?

Here's what their website says:

For NVIDIA cards, we support the 6600 model and higher or QuadroFX 1300 and up. Cards with higher model numbers and a minimum of 128 MB of RAM can run Looks. For users working with HD images, we require that the video card have at least 256 MB of RAM. In all cases, we suggest using the latest video drivers for your graphics card.
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2010, 12:03 PM   #3
Major Player

this is one of the top of the line cards from Nvidia - it should be supported; interestingly on their web site they don't mention GTX cards at all;

Last edited by Marius Boruch; January 31st, 2010 at 01:03 PM.
Marius Boruch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2010, 03:13 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Marius, Red Giant (the makers of Magic Bullet, etc.) are very specific about which video cards will and won't work with their software and yours obviously isn't on their list.
All I can suggest is to drop them an email and ask them when they will start supporting it.
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2010, 04:54 PM   #5
Major Player

Yes, I researched it and it looks like only series GeForce 6,7,8,9 and Qadro FX are supported; It was a big surprise for me because GTX's are one of the newest; thanks Mike
Marius Boruch is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...