error message at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old January 31st, 2010, 08:52 AM   #1
Tourist

error message

I am having a blue screen crash/error when previewing in Vegas. Here are my PC details:

8 Gigs RAM
Quad Core processor
ATI radeon HD 4650 video card
160 HD for OS
1 TB internal HD
750 external HD
Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit
vegas 8 32 bit version

the only time I have issues is when previewing clip. It plays for a minute or so then it crashes. Not everytime but enough that it seems like there is an issue. I have also had issues rendering with MB filters applied. No matter what I do when I render a clip with 1 MB filter applied it stops at 21 or 22% (30 minutes) every time. Here is the error I get when it crashes:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: FFFFFA8007AD6028
BCP3: 00000000B406A000
BCP4: 0000000053000145
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\012710-19921-01.dmp
C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-46706-0.sysdata.xml

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Steve Caniff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2010, 07:51 PM   #2
Tourist

...anyone?
Old February 3rd, 2010, 02:27 AM   #3
Inner Circle

It sounds like you might have some corrupt media in your project, especially if it is crashing at exactly the same point each time.

Try rendering it again exactly as it is now and make a note of the frame number when it crashes (if you're getting a blue screen crash then you'll have to stare at the screen during the render I'm afraid, or at least from about 25 mins/20% onwards). Now, locate that frame number on the project timeline and identify the media at that point. Try removing it (one clip at a time, if there is more than one clip at that point) and re-rendering. You should quickly find the culprit, which should then be ditched or repaired (try rendering it out from a new .veg with no effects and then replacing the sick clip in your project).

Hope that helps. There may well be other possible causes rather than corrupt media, but given that your crash occurs at the same place each time, this is where I'd lay my money.

I used to live in Columbus, in a previous life. I blame Max and Erma's for my weight problem . . .
Ian Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2010, 04:31 PM   #4
Tourist

Thanks for your response! I've tried it with different clips so I don't think it's corrupt media. I think it is a PC issue and not necessarily a Vegas issue. I took it to work (Best Buy) and had the Geek Squad look at it. I tried to make it crash by rendering a file with an MB filter applied and it, of course, rendered it perfectly! I think it might be a bad sector(s) in my hard drive. Running some tests on it right now. Wish me luck!

yea, Max and Erma's have added a few pounds to me as well. Their Garbage Burger is awesome!
Old February 4th, 2010, 04:40 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Yes, run a disc check and that should take care of it.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...