Arch chapters - how to add after the fact? at DVinfo.net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old February 1st, 2010, 05:19 PM   #1
Trustee
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Niagara Ontario Canada
Posts: 1,121
Arch chapters - how to add after the fact?

I don't know if this is supposed to happen or if there is something I missed.
I created a Vegas project with 20 markers for chapters. After the fact, I realised I missed two places with markers, so I went in and placed the 2 new chapters within the project. Now, unfortunately, Vegas doesn't renumber the markers depending on their placement, but these two new chapters sandwiched inbetween chapter markers 10 and 11.
I did it anyway and rendered it out.
I deleted the old files, renamed the new rendered files and opened the project in Arch (previously made project before the added chapters) and found out those new chapters are NOT included anywhere? How come? I thought it might be something to do with renaming the new files, so I deleted the VIDEO files in Arch and imported the new file, but still no dice. Is there something I should have done in Vegas or in Arch? How can I fix this? I hope I don't have to re-render because it is an 8 hour render...any help is appreciated.
David Delaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2010, 05:38 PM   #2
Sponsor: JET DV
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Southern Illinois
Posts: 7,873
The "number" of the marker doesn't matter - only the position. I would suspect something different is happening to cause the additional markers to not appear. Here's what I'd do.

In DVD Architect, open that video on the timeline (i.e. double-click it on the menu), move to where the additional marker(s) need to be added, and press "M".
__________________
Edward Troxel [SCVU]
JETDV Scripts/Excalibur/Newsletters
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2010, 05:55 PM   #3
Trustee
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Niagara Ontario Canada
Posts: 1,121
Ok, thank you -but they did not show up in my project for the inserted chapters - they show up in the TREE to the left, but on the main page, they do not show up. How do I get them from the TREE to the main page? Do I have to start it over?
David Delaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2010, 07:06 PM   #4
Major Player
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 244
Are you saying they're not incorporated into your scene selections? is that your ultimate goal?
I'm not sure of what you're referring when you say the new chapter points are not showing up on the main page.
:-)
Sam Houchins II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2010, 09:54 PM   #5
Major Player
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Belle Mead, NJ
Posts: 552
I've experienced this scenario before and never found a solution other than to start over by deleting the inserted media, reinserting and then setting up another scene selection menu with the corrected chapter markers.
Art Varga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2010, 10:50 PM   #6
Major Player
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 244
> you can select the page where you wish the links to appear;
> click INSERT (top left command: File-Edit-View-INSERT);
> choose "Insert Empty Button" from the drop down menu;
> select the empty buton created;
> go through the 6 tabs in the "Button Properties" box to manually assign all the properties needed (Transformations-MEDIA-NAVIGATION/ACTION-Highlights-Color Sets).

It's a judgement call as to which method is easier: deleting the old scene selection menu and automatically creating a new one, or manually creating 2 new butons. Sometimes there's a lot of customization done to a scene selection page that started out as a quickly, automatically generated page, but brings tears to the eyes to think about having to start from scratch and recreate all the added customizations (i.e., meticulously resizing/repositioning multiple thumbnails, choosing start times and other properties, relabeling, adding background media, etc) :-0

I've just now become comfortable creating my own buttons etc. manually on this project I'm on. I actually prefer it on this highly customized project to the previous automatically generated pages as in past projects. I found myself always having to tweak and adjust the autos in the past anyway, and felt limited and compelled to adjust my desires to the automatic elements/pages generated. I did so many adjustments, in fact, that it taught me enough to feel comfortable making the leap to generating my own manually. It's not so bad eventually :-).
God bless...
Sam Houchins II is offline   Reply
Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY

Z.G.C.
(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

 



Google
 

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:44 AM.


DV Info Net -- Real Names, Real People, Real Info!
1998-2017 The Digital Video Information Network