DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Vegas Pro Webinar today - again (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/472179-vegas-pro-webinar-today-again.html)

Mike Kujbida February 3rd, 2010 08:08 AM

Vegas Pro Webinar today - again

Let's hope the 10 Vegas Pro Techniques for Power Editing webinar goes off as planned this time :-)

Mike Kujbida February 3rd, 2010 10:07 AM

Here's the email I just received with more info.

Join us today at 11:00 CST for the 10 Vegas Pro Techniques for Power Editing webinar.
If you haven't registered yet, there's still time. Learn more and register here.
If you have already registered, join us at 11:00am CST.

We will begin broadcasting a prerecorded message a half hour before the presentation begins, so you can test your connection. Once you see the prerecorded message playing, you are ready to view the live stream. When we switch from the prerecorded message to our live feed, you may see your media player go to a black screen as our live feed makes its way to your computer. You'll typically see our live feed within a minute. We are not aware of any browser compatibility issues, but if you have trouble connecting, try a different one or make sure you're using the most up-to-date version. Finally, if you have trouble connecting to our live feed, you can try connecting to it at the LiveStream website.

Terry Esslinger February 3rd, 2010 12:09 PM

Damn, I missed it. I was on time for the first attempt and it didn't come off. Forgot about this one until I read this thread - an hour too late. Guess I'll have to wait for them to post it. How about any comments about it from those that watched. Was it worth it?

Mike Kujbida February 3rd, 2010 12:44 PM

For you Terry, probably not :-)
Audio busses was the only topic I was interested in and guess when I got interrupted :-(
Gary (the host) said it'll be up in a week or two so you can see what you missed.

David Jasany February 3rd, 2010 01:41 PM

I also thought the section on busses was interesting, given that I've never used a master bus. I also thought parent-child tracks was interesting. The rest was OK, but nothing new. It was a good webinar for someone that never used or is just beginning with Vegas.

Thomas Moore February 3rd, 2010 04:02 PM

They going to post the archive?

Mike Kujbida February 3rd, 2010 04:44 PM

They said that it will be up in a week or two so we'll just have to be patient.

Brian Luce February 3rd, 2010 04:53 PM

Do they have an archive of previous webinars? Anyone have a link?

Philip Younger February 3rd, 2010 06:09 PM

Agreed an archive would be most welcome

Mike Kujbida February 4th, 2010 11:32 AM

I don't know about any other Vegas webinars but you can find a Sound Forge 10 webinar here.
There's also the Sony newsletters (sign up for them as they're free) as well as various free training videos.
Sony is on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter too so you can catch up on some news on these sites as well.
Happy reading and viewing :-)

Brian Luce February 5th, 2010 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Kujbida (Post 1481583)
I don't know about any other Vegas webinars but you can find a Sound Forge 10 webinar here.

Wow, I listened for 8 minutes and he didn't teach anything. I wish these guys would cut to the chase.

It's too bad, the FCP tutorials from Apple are outstanding, reasonably comprehensive and have brisk pace.

Thanks for the link though.

Ian Stark February 5th, 2010 08:17 AM

I was curious to see the quality of the tutorials Mike pointed out. It made me smile to see that in the Connection Speed dialogue box the Very Fast option was 512Kbps! Oooooh . . . . very fast!

BTW, the quality of the tutorials was OK but they were very basic and very brief.

Mike Kujbida February 5th, 2010 09:03 AM

Ian & Brian, I totally agree with both of you.
I've learned more from users on the various Vegas forums than any of the Sony tutorials.
FYI, both Sony and VASST have their own channels on YouTube and I've found them to be very useful.

Brian Luce February 6th, 2010 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Kujbida (Post 1481955)
and VASST have their own channels on YouTube and I've found them to be very useful.

In 2 minutes DSE covers 10x the info that the Sony people cover in 8 minutes.

Ian Stark February 6th, 2010 03:15 AM

I wholeheartedly agree that the forums (in particular this one) are a fantastic source of knowledge - and best of all, of different points of view. I love the fact that we get five different suggestions of ways to achieve something, which is in part a testament to how flexible Vegas is. Oh, and advice here is free. Wonderful!