Unable to Affect Media or Video FX at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old February 3rd, 2010, 10:35 PM   #1
New Boot

Unable to Affect Media or Video FX

Hello - I have Vegas 9.0C on 64-bit OS and recently bought a second screen. Now, I can't seem to find/see the effect editing indows.

For example, when I add "Color Curves" I can't see/edit the color curves. When I click the icon on the clip for event FX, the applied FX window doesn't open...nothing happens, even though the basic effect may have been applied to the clip. I can't find or open the window which has the detailed effect editing capabilities...HELP! So FRUSTRATED!

Thank you!
Peter Laurelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2010, 10:04 AM   #2
Sponsor: JET DV

Sounds like it's "hidden". Places I'd look: 1. on the other screen, 2. In the docking area, 3. Under the "start" bar!
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2010, 01:13 PM   #3
New Boot

Thanks for the response. I'll try those tonight. I tried to look around, but perhaps I just wasn't thorough enough.
Old February 4th, 2010, 10:17 PM   #4
New Boot

It was under the task bar. So silly.

Thanks for the help!
Old February 5th, 2010, 02:56 AM   #5
Old Boot

And this is exactly why Windows Layouts in Vegas Pro are just so invaluable. Marvellous!

I can quite easily get myself all twisted-up with this and that window, but at only a keystroke away I can have EVERYTHING come back at me the way I set it up - DONE!

Even camo-ed FX Windows under the start bar too.

Use the Windows Layouts. I have the 10 filled up. As I develop my skills I could do with another 10+.

Grazie
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...