DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Unwanted Time Code in New Projects (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/472353-unwanted-time-code-new-projects.html)

Paul Fierlinger February 6th, 2010 10:49 AM

Unwanted Time Code in New Projects

That's what I am suddenly getting; a time code display in the Preview window whenever I create a new project. This is something I actually always wanted to have and had to use the Sony plugin whenever I needed to get a time code display. But now I have the TC permanently displayed and it's not the Sony plugin I've been using. How do I hide this one?

Mike Kujbida February 6th, 2010 10:55 AM

Paul, this is a new one on me too.
Can you post a screen shot?

Paul Fierlinger February 6th, 2010 12:04 PM

Thanks for the reply Mike,
It's a very simple layout because it's a new project. I don't know how to upload the screen shot here so I've posted it on my FTP:
www.oldanimator.com - /video/Test-4/

Mike Kujbida February 6th, 2010 12:21 PM

Paul, this one had me puzzled for a few minutes but, after taking a closer look at your picture, I think I know what your problem is.
It looks like your Track FX is enabled and that's what finally clicked with me.
At some point in the past, you had the timecode FX enabled at the Track level.
You then right-clicked in the track header, chose "Set Default Track Properties" and, without thinking, clicked OK.
What happens when you do that is that every single FX you had there is now the default for all new projects.
This is exactly the same thing that happens when you look at an empty audio track as, by default, it has 3 FX there.
To reset things to default, disable any unwanted FX in the track header area, right-click in there, choose "Set Default Track Properties" and click OK.
That should bring tings back to normal for you.

Paul Fierlinger February 6th, 2010 06:31 PM

Thanks, Mike. That did it, although for the record, it changes nothing on the current project but the TC doesn't appear anymore on all consequent new projects. BTW, where did that TC come from? I've been looking for ages for this one. The Sony FX plugin doesn't stay in view after closing and reopening a project -- the TC remains, but not the TC control panel.

Paul Fierlinger February 6th, 2010 06:49 PM

O.K., I think I can answer my own question. That was the Sony plugin, but it wasn't showing up on the Video Output FX as entered, so there was no way to click it off. This must have happened when I created this project by opening a new one within a project that was using the Sony FX and because I had the Track FX set as a Track Properties Default it remained sitting there with no way to turn it off but the way you told me. I think this might be a bug. I had at one point set Track FX as default exactly so that I could turn the TC off and on (except the FX panel doesn't want to stay in place after closing a project). A small issue now that I know what's going on.