Question about getting JPEG sequences to mini-dv tape at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old February 6th, 2010, 01:14 PM   #1
Major Player

Question about getting JPEG sequences to mini-dv tape

Hi. Tomorrow I'll be helping a friend of mine getting his 9 minute animation film onto a mini-dv tape, so he can send it out to an animation film festival.

I use Vegas 9 and have a Sony mini-dv camera hooked up to do the job.

Although it seems like an easy task, I'm not an expert in video technology and I'd like to make sure I know what to do beforehand.

He made the film using Adobe Flash - drawing frame by frame - and then exported each completed shot of the film from Flash as a JPEG sequence. So eventually he ended up with a bunch of JPEG sequences. Then we imported these JPEG sequences into Vegas and edited the film.

So the project is set to PAL DV - do we just need to print to tape directly? or must we first render the project to .avi and then print that to tape?
Does the fact that we are working with JPEG sequences present any problems or issues that we need to know about?

Thanks for any help on this!
Adi Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2010, 01:21 PM   #2
Inner Circle

As long as you've checked it for errors (i.e. played it through from start to finish), all you need to do is go Tools - Print Video to Tape and follow the prompts that come up.

I recommend at least a 30 sec. leader to make sure you're not at the very beginning of the videotape as this is where any defects usually show up.

Please use a brand new tape for this and check it afterward, just to make sure there are no dropouts.
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...