No 25P in DVDA blu ray for us in PAL Land? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old March 3rd, 2010, 06:19 AM   #16
Trustee

The situation with Blu Ray and 25p is the same as with DVD and 25p. If you shoot and edit 25p properly, the 25p cadence will be preserved even though the file on the disc is 50i.

Richard
Richard Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2010, 07:52 AM   #17
Major Player

OK heres one, how do you get the 25p cadance from 50i footage? If I render out as interlaced then the prepared blu-ray has that interlaced look. But I can go down to 24p and it looks nice but the workflow is a pig.
Old March 4th, 2010, 11:19 AM   #18
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny O'Neill View Post
OK heres one, how do you get the 25p cadance from 50i footage? If I render out as interlaced then the prepared blu-ray has that interlaced look. But I can go down to 24p and it looks nice but the workflow is a pig.
Seems to me they've not thought it through properly and have totally disregarded all the areas in the world that shoot 25P as a matter of course (the legacy of PAL systems) for video - they only seem to be thinking about film.
Steve Renouf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2010, 12:04 PM   #19
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Renouf View Post
Seems to me they've not thought it through properly and have totally disregarded all the areas in the world that shoot 25P as a matter of course (the legacy of PAL systems) for video - they only seem to be thinking about film.
Well... the BluRay Disc Assocation has the following Board of Directors:

# Apple Inc.
# Dell Inc.
# Hewlett-Packard
# Hitachi, Ltd.
# Intel Corporation
# LG Electronics
# Mitsubishi Electric
# Panasonic Corporation
# Pioneer Corporation
# Royal Philips Electronics
# Samsung Electronics
# Sharp Corporation
# Sony Corporation
# Sun Microsystems
# TDK Corporation
# Thomson SA
# 20th Century Fox
# Walt Disney Motion Pictures Group
# Warner Bros. Entertainmen

Which one of these do you think was unfamiliar with the areas of the world that use 25p? And which do you feel might not have "thought through" what you have?

I'd be willing to bet my yearly salary that 25p was well discussed prior to ratification of the standards being released, and since the profits from 25p countries could equate to billions of dollars of revenue, I am quite sure it was "thought through". The conclusions they reached may not mesh with yours though, which is understandable.

As to them thinking only of film, it would seem to me that a great proportion of these BOD are not directly involved in the film industry, so I highly doubt that is true.
Old March 4th, 2010, 05:17 PM   #20
Regular Crew

So you would think from that, Sony at least would 24P on the camera as well as 25P if you can't use 25P on HD discs. Duh!
Steve Renouf is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...