Capture problems at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old February 28th, 2010, 05:09 PM   #1
New Boot

Capture problems

Setup: XH-A1, Vegas Movie Studio 9, Dell Inspiron E1705 running XP.

When in the field I use this setup to capture directly to my laptop (no tape as backup). I make sure to disable all background software (Norton AntiVirus, etc.) to make sure it does not interfere with Vegas while I am capturing.

Sometimes when capturing I notice that Vegas has created multiple clips when I have not paused or stopped anything. This does not happen all the time and I cannot figure out why it does happen. The big problem is when this happens is I lose frames between each of the clips.

I really like capturing with Vegas on my Dell but I will have to start using tape as a backup which I was trying to avoid. Any ideas on why this is occurring.

Jon
Jon Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2010, 05:38 PM   #2
Regular Crew

File size limitation

If the partition you're capturing to is on FAT32, it'll probably be the file size limitation that you're running into. Make sure that the partition you're capturing to is NTFS to avoid that limitation.

Either that, or the drive can't keep up with the data rate and is dropping frames (resulting in multiple files with data missing.
Steve Renouf is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...