Any tips on smoothing out animation in Vegas? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old February 28th, 2010, 08:53 PM   #1
Trustee

Any tips on smoothing out animation in Vegas?

I am using the Track motion for animation in Vegas - and it is very jerky in the final render. I have tried highlighting the keyframes and switching them to SMOOTH, SLOW and FAST and it still looks pretty jerky. Anything that might help?
David Delaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2010, 01:13 PM   #2
Trustee

David, try this,
Options, Preferences, External control and automation, Track motion smoothness- set to 100.
Save and exit.
Now try a Ram preview and see if it looks any better.
Also, say you are panning and zooming into a stop, set the first keyframe to Fast, and the one at the stop to slow, as it leaves the first keyframe it will take off quick, but as it approaches the stop keyframe it will come in slow, then as it leaves the stop keyframe it will take off slow.
The combination of these 2 keyframes will give the impression of a much smoother movement.
Once you can visualize it in your head you will get the hang of applying it to the timeline.
Until Sony gives us Bezier keyframing in Vegas, this is the best we can hope for.
Hope this helps, good luck.
Gerald Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2010, 02:27 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Check out my reply in the recent http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-hap...ilts-pans.html thread.
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2010, 06:23 PM   #4
Major Player

Motion Blur/Supersampling envelopes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald Webb View Post
David, try this,
Options, Preferences, External control and automation, Track motion smoothness- set to 100.
Also individually adjustable in the track motion window under keyframe, "Smoothnes," settable from 0-100

I wonder if "Motion Blur Amount," or "Video Supersampling" envelopes would improve the appearance (usually used sparingly). I've used them sparingly to combat wavy lines in moving pictures, or flickering, small, moving text. After going View, "Video Bus Track" (ctrl-shift-B), they are then available by right clicking on the video bus track's header. Render time is greatly increased when used, so use the envelope to turn on and off where needed.
Sam Houchins II is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...