Vegas 9 - no disable audio peaks option? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old March 3rd, 2010, 11:05 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Vegas 9 - no disable audio peaks option?

Hi there. In all previous Vegas versions I have used, I have always had the option to 'disable audio peaks when opening a project' until you bring the clip onto the timeline. This has been really handy when you are importing a large number of clips, 2000 etc. I can't find this option in Vegas 9 which makes it really annoying when importing a large number of clips into a project because it takes ages to build audio peaks for every clip you import - and uses up loads of ram esp for 50 mpbs clips!

Anyone else found this? Is the option in a menu elsewhere?

Thanks! Sparky
Mark McCarthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2010, 06:28 PM   #2
Trustee

i thought i just ran across an option that only displays 1 tracks peaks at a time. no idea if the disable peaks option is still there though.
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2010, 06:09 AM   #3
Regular Crew

The actual option that is missing from Vegas 9 (and is in all other versions of Vegas in general preferences) is : Build peaks for visible events only.

Why isn't this option in Vegas 9? It is so important on really big edits!

Thanks!
Old March 5th, 2010, 03:44 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Mark,

How true!!!

I am on a project right now I could use that tool!!

Whats up sony!!!

Dale
Old March 6th, 2010, 04:24 AM   #5
New Boot

In Vegas 9 you can find this option (as well as some other) in Internal settings. Hold down the Shift key while clicking Preferences menu item. Open Internal tab and type "peaks" in the search box.
Aleksey Tarasov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2010, 04:03 AM   #6
Regular Crew

That's amazing knowledge! Thank you! How are earth did you know how to do that?! It has made such a difference to me, I am very very grateful for you taking the time to help out.

Sparky
Old March 7th, 2010, 07:37 AM   #7
Sponsor: JET DV

Mark, it's a well known trick for getting to the extra options. However, they're hidden for a reason. You could break Vegas if you change the wrong settings. Some are safe, such as this one, but others - change at your own risk.

If you do break it, hold down CTRL-SHIFT and start Vegas which will reset it back to factory defaults..
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2010, 01:30 PM   #8
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksey Tarasov View Post
In Vegas 9 you can find this option (as well as some other) in Internal settings. Hold down the Shift key while clicking Preferences menu item. Open Internal tab and type "peaks" in the search box.
I try it and wow, I've never thought of this option. NO more waiting for build audio peaks. I am glad someone asks this question.
Bruce Phung is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...