DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Navigation links in DVDA switch when moving button.... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/474122-navigation-links-dvda-switch-when-moving-button.html)

Ian Slessor March 4th, 2010 11:31 AM

Navigation links in DVDA switch when moving button....

Hey all,

Quick question.

I set up a DVD menu and have a bunch of links on the page. Using DVDA5.

I have all the links navigating where I want, but sometimes I have to tweak the buttons by moving them, adjusting size...whatever.

However, often when I do that, the navigation will auto-change the link of that button on me. Is there a way to "lock" the navigation once you've set it up but still be able to move the buttons, change button size, etc without losing your navigation?

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

sincerely,

ian

Edward Troxel March 4th, 2010 12:11 PM

When you have the button selected, look at the button properties on the right. Then go to the "Navigation" tab. You'll notice some say "auto" and then say where they're pointing. Others will point specifically somewhere.

If you manually adjust using the Navigation Tool or manually set on the properties page - they won't say "Auto".

If you move a button, all that say "auto" will be automatically adjust. All that do not say "auto" will stay where they were set.

Ian Slessor March 4th, 2010 12:21 PM

Hey Ed,

Thanks for the reply.

I should have been clearer. My apologies.

I understand the auto/manual aspect. I was just wondering if there was a way to, once the links are set up, auto or manual or a mix of both, to simply "lock" the navigation in one easy step so that if you have to tweak size or positioning of navigation that any of the auto links don't change.

Thanks again.

sincerely,

ian

Sam Houchins II March 4th, 2010 06:19 PM

Isn't it just a matter of assigning the navigation destination to a specific place, thus removing it from the "auto" option? The drop down menu will list the optional destinations for the button, including the destination that the auto chose, but it will be fixed, not auto.

Sorry if I've missed the intention of your question :-)

Edward Troxel March 5th, 2010 07:41 AM

Sam, yes it is. I just got the impression he did not want to take the time to change all the "autos" to the specific location. I don't know of a way to do that other than one at a time.

To be honest, I save that step for LAST. Once everything else is the way I want it, I then set the navigation as desired. As it's the last step, I don't have to worry about them moving if I move something around.

Mike Kujbida March 5th, 2010 08:00 AM

I agree with Edward on when to do this.
It is a royal PITA, especially when you have over 20 links like I often do but, IMHO, it's what makes my DVDs stand out from other producers (easy navigation, that is).
Not that anyone but me notices the difference though :-(