DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Changing themekit colors (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/475109-changing-themekit-colors.html)

Michael Hazzard March 18th, 2010 10:44 PM

Changing themekit colors

I'm a Pro 8.0c user, and I bought this theme pack (for basketball not baseball) real inexpensively from DJ a while ago,
Editor's Themekit 126: Baseball Tech :: Digital Juice

My local school colors are royal blue/white.

Is there a novice capable way of getting those theme pack graphics to be blue shade instead of the red/marron shade they currently are? I asssume it would be one of the effects, but this is reaching the end of my knowledge on the topic.

Thanks,
Mike

Edward Troxel March 19th, 2010 07:13 AM

You could try using the secondary color corrector, selecting the color you want to adjust, and then pick different colors on the color wheel. I didn't look at the actual footage but how well it works would depend on many factors. If you want to post a single snapshot, we could take a look at it.

Ken Plotin March 19th, 2010 09:49 AM

As I recall, my Editors toolkit from DJ includes "the Juicer" software that lets you change color, brightness, speed .etc, on the various elements (layers) that make up the effect.
is it not included with the individual themekits? I think you can download it from DJ.
Hope this helps.
Ken

Mike Kujbida March 19th, 2010 10:48 AM

Ken, I've got the latest version of Juicer and didn't see any of the adjustments you're referring to.
I think Edward's suggestion is definitely worth a try.

Sam Houchins II March 19th, 2010 06:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here's a screen shot of some re-coloring options in Juicer 3 used on Jump Back 05 Sports. I would be surprised if it weren't an option for the volume you have as well. :-)
The original colored image is top right. The recolored image is center on the "desk top".

Mike Kujbida March 19th, 2010 07:26 PM

Sam, I'm going to have to try downloading Juicer again as I don't have those options in my version (the latest one too) :-(

Sam Houchins II March 19th, 2010 07:48 PM

Mike, I just installed the latest update to check if there were a difference in versions. I still have the same options for that Jumpback. I'd hope the same tweaks were universally available across their product line, but i guess it's possible they're not. The volume does have to be installed in order to have the adjustablility options available.

Ed, can you choose a specific color to tweak with secondary color corrector? I messed with it and only achieved an overall, universal change. Not like exclusively changing red to blue, and leaving other colors untouched. Juicer doesn't do that either, i don't think, but i hopefully read that into your response re: Vegas' color corrector.

Juicer does allow up to tri color tweaks, with low mid and highlights adjustable.

Mike Kujbida March 19th, 2010 07:59 PM

The volume does have to be installed in order to have the adjustablility options available.

Thanks Sam.
I was experimenting at work today with a volume I knew I had on the shelf but not installed so that explains why it wasn't working.

Mike Kujbida March 19th, 2010 08:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ed, can you choose a specific color to tweak with secondary color corrector?

I'm obviously not Edward but, after some experimenting, I can answer this question.
Follow the steps outlined in "Doing A Color Pass ", the first article in Vol #1, Issue #11 of his newsletters.
Once you complete the steps in the article, add another Secondary Color Corrector to the clip on track 1 and adjust the hue to the desired color.
As you can see, it works like a charm :-)

Sam Houchins II March 19th, 2010 10:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks alot Mike <Ed, lol>.
Masks and compositing modes have always been a tough subject for me.
I got it to work and match your result, but only with alot of blind trial and error, without fully understanding what i was doing. Still, the ability to create a color mask with secondary color corrector was new for me, so thanks alot!
Changing the compositing mode on track 1 to multiply mask seems to be an unspoken necessity i think i noticed.
It was adding the secondary color corrector to track 3 that got me the blue threads.
Thanks for all :-).

Attached veg file is Vegas 8.

Michael Hazzard March 20th, 2010 07:36 AM

Thanks everyone for their input. Family activities have me occupied for a few days. I will give both the Juicer and secondary color correctioin techniques a try ASAP.
Mike

Terry Esslinger March 20th, 2010 01:50 PM

Everyone: When posting a .veg file it might be nice to state which version of Vegas was used to create it so that some of us can avoid the "unsupported file type" message.
Thanks

Edward Troxel March 20th, 2010 05:52 PM

ahh.... isn't everyone on the most current version??? ;-)

Terry Esslinger March 20th, 2010 06:30 PM

I bet Sony wishes that were true.
I have 9 on my editing box but I only have 7d on my internet box. So when I download a .veg that some bright young pup (or old dog) with 9 has conjured up, I can't open it.

Sam Houchins II March 20th, 2010 06:35 PM

or even 8! C'mon, step up to 8 at least :-)
jk :-)
I did edit it to reflect that it's a ver 8 veg. point well taken. Sorry. i thought i was the furthest behind in this forum. When i upgraded, it was from 4 to 8!
--young pup