Vegas Video discussions from 2006 (Q1Q2) - Page 107 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old May 18th, 2006, 09:01 AM   #1591
RED Code Chef

The VEG file is a Vegas project file. It contains information about your project
and the files it uses. It does not contain any of the video / audio (except for
generated media).

If you want to transfer something to DVD Architect you need to export a movie
file to either (DV) AVI or MPEG2 (with a seperate audio file) from Vegas. You
can then copy that file to the other computer over a network if it is connected
like that or in another way like an external harddisk. Then import the file into
DVD Architect and build your DVD.

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Old May 18th, 2006, 09:08 AM   #1592
Sponsor: JET DV

NOTE: If you go the MPEG2/AC3 route and have added markers to the project to be used as chapter points, they *may* be lost when you copy over to the other machine.
Old May 18th, 2006, 10:08 AM   #1593
New Boot

Thanks

Thanks Brian & Ed.
Old May 18th, 2006, 11:29 AM   #1594
Major Player

Sorry, it is already rendered mpeg-2.
Old May 18th, 2006, 12:14 PM   #1595

Then just take that MPEG2 file to the other computer, add it to DVD A, and continue from there.
Old May 18th, 2006, 01:03 PM   #1596
Tourist

Video Vegas 5.0

Greetings, im new in here but i hope this is the right place to post, and aswell that you understand my question. Im making World of Warcraft movies in Vegas, and ive figured many things out my self, but one thing still hasnt been available for me to make. I want to make some 'black bars' in the top and in the bottom where i can write something, for instance "Visit www.guild-x.com"
How to make these?
Old May 18th, 2006, 02:09 PM   #1597
Inner Circle

there are a couple of ways. The easiest being to take GENERATED MEDIA >TEXT>BLACK background. Type in your text then goto PLACEMENT and drop it down to where you want it. Use the TRACK MOTION or PAN/CROP to adjust the size of the black background to look like a lower thirds. Remember to watch you TITLE SAFE area on the preview screen.

That should take care of you.

Don
Old May 18th, 2006, 02:37 PM   #1598

You might also want to take a look at Vol 2 #10 of my newsletters for the article on creating lower thirds.
Old May 18th, 2006, 06:57 PM   #1599
New Boot

Hey, THANKS a million, Gian!! That not only completely worked, but the result was exactly what I wanted and it looks absolutely flawless!!!!

Thanks again!!
Old May 18th, 2006, 08:02 PM   #1600
Regular Crew

That was the issue...figures user error :-)
Old May 18th, 2006, 08:38 PM   #1601
Major Player

File to external drive worked - thank you
Old May 19th, 2006, 07:36 AM   #1602
Regular Crew

Slowmo

I am just learning to use Vegas 6d, and one thing is not working for me. I am attempting to slow down a small video clip, and it just isn't working right.

If I use the shuttle controls while previewing I can get the video to look exactly the way I want, but getting it to render the same way isn't happening.

I have tried using a velocity envelope to change the speed, but it only affetcts the video, and I can't add the same envelope to the video.

If I just stretch it out by dragging it (sorry I forget the term for this). I have 2 problems. 1, I can't slow it enough this way. 2, the audio sounds horrible. The audio takes on this chopped up, echoey sound that is nothing like what the shuttle controls do.

So, how do Vegas users normally create a slowmo event? I need the audio to stretch out with the video, the slowed down audio is a big part of why I want the slowmo in the first place.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you!!
Old May 19th, 2006, 09:02 AM   #1603
Trustee

Monitoring for a 5.1 Dolby Digital mix

How should I monitor the dynamics if the track sounds different once encoded? Should I work by the numbers; learn what +-6dB, +-12db etc. relative to the dialog baseline sounds like? Currently I use a trial-and-error approach of mixing by ear, rendering to AC3, then fixing the mix. I also want to learn how to use Dolby Digital's DRC feature.

How different is mixing for DTS?
Old May 19th, 2006, 09:26 AM   #1604
Regular Crew

vegas or vegas bundle

i'm looking to get vegas in a few months along with my camera. So I was wonderign is it worht it to go ahead and pick up the vegas bundle with the dvd tools in it. Is this a good dvd creation program?
Old May 19th, 2006, 10:50 AM   #1605
Trustee

I really like it, but I don't have much to compare it to, other than the cheapie DVD creation tools that normally come free with a computer.

You can save markers in your Vegas projects that can be pulled into DVD Architect. You can also render directly to MPEG2/AC3 in Vegas which makes creation of DVDs much faster in DVD Architect.

Unless you have another DVD authoring program that you absolutely love, I'd go ahead and get the Vegas+DVD bundle.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...