Vegas Video discussions from 2006 (Q1Q2) - Page 108 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old May 19th, 2006, 11:14 AM   #1606
Inner Circle

DVDA is a wonderful DVD creation program and well worth the few extra dollars to get it with Vegas.

Don
Old May 19th, 2006, 01:45 PM   #1607
New Boot

vegas users - laptops

i can see that there are many people using vegas with their laptop and many others (like me) asking "which laptop can run vegas"
maybe its a good idea through this thread for the users who already use a laptop with vegas,to write the specs of their laptop and if vegas runs ok or not, just like a tiny vegas-laptop database for the rest of us who keep asking/searching
Old May 19th, 2006, 02:00 PM   #1608
Trustee

I just got a new laptop:

Dell Inspiron E1750
2GHz Centrino dual-core processor
1GB RAM
100GB 7200 RPM SATA drive
17" WUXGA screen (1900x1200)
256MB ATI Radeon X1400 video
8x dual-layer DVD+-RW

I have installed Vegas, but have not yet had the opportunity to do any editing on it. I expect it to perform very well.

BTW, this was sort of a "gift" from Dell. I was having a reoccurring problem with an 18 month old Inspiron 8600, and Dell sent this as a replacement.
Old May 19th, 2006, 03:40 PM   #1609
Major Player

I use a laptop for my vegas 4 and it works great. I see Sony is coming out with a new laptop with Blue-ray burner and a 1920x1080 screen for around $3000.
I have a HP zx6000 what are you guys using for a monitor for preview?
Old May 19th, 2006, 06:48 PM   #1610
Sponsor: JET DV

3.4 GHz P4
1 Gig RAM
2 60Gig 7200RPM drives

Vegas runs great on it.
Old May 19th, 2006, 10:35 PM   #1611
Major Player

Audio problem when printed to tape

I was able to deliver the final product onto DVD with the audio being stereo using DVDA. Audio was perfect. When I printed the same project to HDV tape the audio was distorted I had to turn down the volume on my audio system. Did I do something wrong or is there a setting I missed on both the fx1 camera and or on Vegas 6..

thanks
Old May 20th, 2006, 07:11 AM   #1612
Inner Circle

Fred, Like I said in the other post on Edwards Vegas site-AC3 calls for some manipulation of the audio so when it's played it sound correct levels wise-we set the normalisation to -31 and the RFline to NONE and off we go. For tape however you need to set your audio effects and levels to what you want and when you finally happy with it lower the master level to -20db as its playing. Tape will produce a "real time" sound and if you don't lower the master level it will snap crackle and pop-remember that -12db in digitalspeak is the same as 0db in analogease and 0 will clip (so will -12 on tape)
just reprint the project anf you lower the master level and you should be set to go
Don
Old May 20th, 2006, 10:15 AM   #1613
Trustee

How to batch render into CF avi?

I used HDVspilt and now I have a 26Gb of clips in 1080-50i. How do I batch conver all of em to the CF intermediate avi? I'm doing it manually n it is one hell of a pain in the a**!!

I found this batch render script but when I run it, I select this avi 1080-50i, render selection, and it starts running. Nothing useful came out of the file. Do I have to put all the files on the tracks? If yes, do I put them into seperate tracks? Thanks in advanced...
Old May 20th, 2006, 11:06 AM   #1614
Major Player

Thanks for the response, when I adjust the volume its on the master not the audio track right??
Old May 20th, 2006, 11:58 AM   #1615
Inner Circle

Well I guess it wouldn't matter if you only have 1 audio track but I have found the MASTER works for me. Just the way I was "trained". Obviously if you have multiple audio tracks then the MASTER is the only way to go.

Don
Old May 20th, 2006, 02:47 PM   #1616
Tourist

Photo Quality with Pan Crop

I have been looking at old post trying to fix a problem
I have been having with JPG photos in my video.
If I put a photo on the time line and then use pan/crop,
when I make it an AVI 720x480 and watch on TV set alot of the photos get
very jaggy and have the newcaster with the wrong tie effect, shimmer,. I have tried downsizing the photos to 720x480, no good, and I have set to progressive non-progressive and I still get same look, I have tried MPG2 format also. When I did some stuff in Moviemaker I didnt have that problem, lots of other problems but the photos looked fine. I am working on a project now with a combo of lots of photos and some video for my school but I want it to look good. If I dont use the pan/crop they are fine. I have 4 days to finish this. Thanks for the help
Paul
Old May 20th, 2006, 06:23 PM   #1617
Regular Crew

Render at best quality in project properties or when rendering at end. I do this
and it eliminated this effect along with reduce interlace flicker in each photos
properties.
right click
then check reduce interlace flicker.

I don't resize pictures, I've never seen the need.
Old May 20th, 2006, 07:48 PM   #1618
Sponsor: JET DV

Very fine lines cause this problem. As mentioned, rendering at BEST and using Reduce Interlace Flicker help. Adding a very slight blur can also help.
Old May 20th, 2006, 08:01 PM   #1619
Tourist

That helped quite a bit, I still have some but not a anoying as they were. What are your media settings on,
I hav mine on the 1.000 multimedia with progressive scan off and smart resample on, should these be the best or will progrssive work better. Thanks hopefull I can get to
work on putting it all together by Wed.
Paul
Old May 21st, 2006, 12:29 PM   #1620
Regular Crew

DVD Architect 3.0c not seeing dvd burner

Everything was working fine (famous last words) and then I bought this new RiData 16X DVD-R media to use with my NEC ND-3520AW DVD Burner. When I tried to burn a project with the new media, DVD architect thought it was 24X CD media.

So I noticed a firmware upgrade for the NEC drive and flashed it to the latest (3.07 in my case).

Now Sony DVD Architect does not see the drive at all. Adobe Encore sees it (and also sees the 16x media), the Architect does not even see the drive anymore.

I have this whole project authored in DVD Architect, so I really need to burn from it and I can't seem to download the old firmware to get back to the point where it was working with Architect.

Any ideas? This is driving me nuts!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...