Vegas Video discussions from 2006 (Q1Q2) - Page 116 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old May 29th, 2006, 11:00 PM   #1726

Enable ripple, then set it to affect all tracks, markers, regions. Insert your image. Everything will shift downwards.
FWIW, it's a good idea to leave :30 at the front of any project, you may need a count, bars, whatever....or may find that you need to insert an image. :-)
http://www.vasst.com
Old May 29th, 2006, 11:06 PM   #1727
Regular Crew

Wow, incredibly fast reply. Worked like a charm.

Thanks so very much Douglas
Old May 30th, 2006, 09:31 AM   #1728
New Boot

Vegas Video 6.0d freezes

I just purchased a computer recently expressly for being able to edit HD video. (AMD FX60 processor, 4 gig RAM) I've been having problems with Vegas Video 6.0d. It worked fine on my old Intel chip computer but it seems that this AMD based computer is having problems. I cannot "capture" HD video from my camera. The program recognizes my HC-1 camera and I am able to control the fast forwad and rewinds function but when I go to hit play or the red capture button the program freezes. I've have tried re-installing the program several times. I have updated my video card. I have updated to SP2 as well as Windows XP. My IEEE link seems to be working fine since it does recognize my camcorder when I plug it in. I have another friend who is using an early AMD chip and he has no problems. I am out of options. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old May 30th, 2006, 10:59 AM   #1729
Trustee

Your firewire post...is in on the motherboard (integrated or a seperate card).
I had issues way back when capturing in Vegas using my motherboards built in firewire port.
I installed a firewire card, disabled the onboard firewire in the system BIOS, and all was well.
Old May 30th, 2006, 07:10 PM   #1730
Jubal 28

Ripples are extremely powerful. Just be sure to disable it before you do anything else!
Old May 30th, 2006, 07:45 PM   #1731
Sponsor: JET DV

A couple of other options in addition to Ripple:

Put the cursor at the beginning of the timeline and choose Insert - Time
This will let you insert any specific amount of time at the cursor position.

Since you're moving EVERYTHING... you could always press CTRL-A to select everything in the project and then slide it however far you want.
Old May 30th, 2006, 09:08 PM   #1732
Regular Crew

Copying bezier mask

It's my first time working with Vegas 5 pan/crop feature. I have some archival photos that I'm working with. I'm having a lot of fun and the pan/ crop is working and looking better than I expected, but I have one problem. When I try to copy the mask from one type of clip ( a .tif photo image) to a dv video clip, the size of the mask is changed on the second clip.

In "Vegas 5 Editing Workshop" (which usually is worth it's weight in gold) it says to copy/paste the keyframe from clip a to clip b and the mask will maintain it's aspect ratio. I tried this and it does not seem to work. Maybe I'm not doing this right.

The only way I can get it to work is to uncheck "maintain aspect ratio" in the properties of the two events. This works except the image that I'm masking becomes distorted (it widens and looks unnatural). The image I'm masking is from a photo arranged in portrait rather than landscape.

I hope i've explained the nature of my problem well enough to understand...
Old May 30th, 2006, 10:12 PM   #1733
Regular Crew

I agree...try another firewire port. I have the AMD 64 with 3 gigs of ram and no issues capturing HD. I am sure you have the correct settings in Sony vegas? Are you able to capture with ConnectHD from Cineform which is a very nice program to work with HD footage. Unless something is screwy with the Sony settings, I don't think this is a Sony software issue although I am not sure with the AMD FX.

Also...try setting your cam to downconvert to SD and then try capturing that in Sony V. Does that work?

You also might try asking around in the "What happens in Vegas" section of the HD editing forum below this one.
Old May 31st, 2006, 04:49 AM   #1734
Regular Crew

Thanks David and Edward
Old May 31st, 2006, 01:40 PM   #1735
Trustee

David,

If you open the movie in the QuickTime player and choose Window>Show Movie Info, what is the format listed as?
Old May 31st, 2006, 05:01 PM   #1736
New Boot

Firewire

Thank you so much for your suggestions. I will try installing a seperate firewire card.
Old May 31st, 2006, 07:05 PM   #1737
New Boot

Similar Problem

Sometimes when I render to quicktime format, my newly rendered file displays a black screen but the audio is there. But if I stop playback and manually move the playback slider I can see the movie as intended. Any thoughts?

Rob
Old May 31st, 2006, 09:20 PM   #1738
Regular Crew

Need Help Captureing

Hi, I dont know where to put this, sorry if I posted it twice. I have problem capturing mini dv footages from my panasonic dv953. I have Vegas 5.0, I dont think it's the soft ware, can the vegas capture footages from this camera? It dont have a fire wire port, just a USB. When I do connect, this message comes up,
"Digital video camera is not set correctly.
Connect USB cable to your PC and
set digital video camera to the [Web Camera] mode.
If ready, press the [OK] button."
Is there a way for me to capture footages from this camera?
Thank you.
Old May 31st, 2006, 10:50 PM   #1739
Inner Circle

Use firewire to capture. There is a firewire port on your camera somewhere... the manual can be downloaded if you're having trouble locating it.

If your computer doesn't have a firewire port, get a firewire card + 6pin-4pin firewire cable. They are about $25 (bundle) for people living in the US.
newegg.com
pricegrabber.com
pricewatch.com
resellerratings.com

The USB port is for capturing low quality MPEG4 video (something like that), and the firewire port for DV.
Old May 31st, 2006, 11:12 PM   #1740
Regular Crew

Ah, I found the fire wire port! Thanks alot for pointing me to the right direction.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...