Vegas Video discussions from 2006 (Q1Q2) - Page 128 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old June 14th, 2006, 03:24 PM   #1906
Major Player

All

Thanx for the great advice. I've reduced the black and the white slightly - and as you've suggested - it still looks black and white - but jitters gone and I can still keep the rectangles a decent size.

Ian
Old June 14th, 2006, 03:43 PM   #1907
Regular Crew

Nice

I just love this stuff -thanks!
Old June 14th, 2006, 04:00 PM   #1908
Inner Circle

Who's the man?

E T...that's who...thanks Edward...that was it...Jeff Harper
Old June 15th, 2006, 12:44 AM   #1909
Old Boot

Put that tiny section in a LOOP and keep playing it WHILE adjusting the transition. It helps me get that kinda *BANG* urgency.

Grazie
Old June 15th, 2006, 08:27 AM   #1910
New Boot

5.1 Surround and LFE

So I'm working on a project with 5.1 surround sound and the only way I could direct anything to the LFE channel was to make copies of the appropriate audio tracks and mark them for LFE. Is this the "right way" to utilize LFE, or am I missing a way to configure an audio track for both (example) front L/R and LFE (using cutoff frequency).

Thanks,

Ron
Old June 15th, 2006, 05:32 PM   #1911
Major Player

Themes - Buttons - Background Tabs are all empty? I went to make a DVD and those 3 folder were all empty so I couldn't have any menu's. When I look at the directory that DVD arcitect is in there two themes folders. One is "_Themes" the other is "themes". Why do I have 2 ? Why does the program not show any in the tab themes, and why no buttons or backgrounds? I don't even see a folder in the directory label buttons or backgrounds. Are they located somewhere else? Thanks - PK
Old June 15th, 2006, 08:20 PM   #1912
Major Player

Vegas .sfk files-Saving to specific location?

Is there a way to direct where Vegas saves it's .sfk files?

They get kind of cumbersome and clog viewing of folders.

Thanks in advance.
Old June 15th, 2006, 08:49 PM   #1913
Sponsor: JET DV

They will always be saved in the exact same folder as the file they are created from. There's no way to change that behaviour. Besides, what if you had two files with the same name in two different folders? One would overwrite the other if you were able to direct them somewhere else.

When I delete an AVI or WAV file (or any other for that matter), I always try to also get the associated SFK files too.

Plus, they're safe to delete as well. They'll simply be recreated as needed when those files are next accessed.
Old June 15th, 2006, 08:51 PM   #1914
Sponsor: JET DV

There's supposed to be two (_Themes and Themes). These should automatically have files in them upon the installation of DVD A. If those two folders are empty, I'd reinstall DVD A.
Old June 16th, 2006, 12:02 AM   #1915
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Troxel
There's supposed to be two (_Themes and Themes). These should automatically have files in them upon the installation of DVD A. If those two folders are empty, I'd reinstall DVD A.

Thanks Edward. That is what I did, and after reinstall - all is good again, but it is strange; Where, or why they weren't there all of a sudden?
Old June 16th, 2006, 12:46 AM   #1916
Regular Crew

VOB to MPG conversion -re-editing already produced material

Hi,

I am looking for a professional (no loss of quality) solution to read back alrady produced DVD-material (VOB) files. I am using Sony Vegas and Sony DVD production software but they do not support reading VOB files.

A VOB file is acually MPG video and audio, with some additional info added, as subtitles...

I have noticed that you CAN convert a VOB file to MPG just by renaming it accordingly!!! I found this idea in the Wikipedia. The file then plays and imports into most applications that reads the MPG format.

However, this works only if the project is a single VOB file. Since VOB files have a size limitation (about 1GB) a longer than 15 minute project is split in multiple VOB files on a DVD.

Converting the remaining VOB files (those that do not start at timecode 00000) does not work. They come out just as short unusable clips.

So - I am looking for a application or method that could simply convert the VOBs to MPEG without loss in quality. No re-encoding is necessary since the video is already MPG within the VOBs.

Please anyone - please enlight me in this matter. Any help is more than appreciated. Additionally, I think that this question is of bigger general interest. I cannot be the only one that needs to re-edit material that I have produced into a DVD earlier.

Sincerely,

Christian
Old June 16th, 2006, 01:09 AM   #1917
Inner Circle

For editing purposes, you are probably better off converting to AVI files. If you Google "Convert VOB files" you will find a pethora of commercial and freeware VOB convertors out there.
Old June 16th, 2006, 04:10 AM   #1918
Regular Crew

Hallo,

there ist always the possibilty to join the 1 GB - VOBs to one big VOB - File. Some VOB - Rip Tools offer the possibilty just to do that. Check the preferences in Your Rip - Tool.

Richard
Old June 16th, 2006, 04:57 AM   #1919
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian de Godzinsky
I am looking for a professional (no loss of quality) solution to read back alrady produced DVD-material (VOB) files. I am using Sony Vegas and Sony DVD production software but they do not support reading VOB files.
If you're using Vegas 6, this feature was added in the 6.0c update and it works great. I've had to use it a few times for the same reasons you do. There is a quality drop when you do another DVD though because Vegas has to re-encode everthing. Apparently this can be avoided with software such as Video Redo and Womble MPEG2VCR as they don't change anything if all you want to do is cuts.

Mike
Old June 16th, 2006, 08:40 AM   #1920
New Boot

vst plugins

Thanks for the reply. That makes sense about the Mtron - though it leaves me with questions as the documentation lists under the requirements needing a 'VST 2.0 or RTAS compatible host application for plug-in operation.' I don't quite understand all this stuff yet.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...