Vegas Video discussions from 2006 (Q1Q2) - Page 13 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old January 17th, 2006, 06:06 AM   #181
New Boot

Thank you, it seemed to work :) The screen in Vegas that generates the movie as it is, to show me it when playbacking, seems to lag a little after this in places, but will render the movie to see if it is just there, or what...

EDIT:
The lag was because I copied over the Light Ray effect from Title to the video clips, I removed it now and it should be better :)

Last edited by Jamie Moeller; January 17th, 2006 at 09:54 AM.
Old January 17th, 2006, 07:50 AM   #182
Inner Circle

u CAN do this..
its a lil tricky..
Duplicate your track... BUT

once u duplicate ur track.. make sure that the new Dup is the only track thats selected.. NOT BOTH, else BOTH TRACKS will reflect these chages..
Be sure to single left click the track u want to effect.

Now highglhgt ALL the media on that track (video media i mean) with the selctions tool (the little arrow that allows u to "box" your selection.

once highlighted, right click ANYWHER WHERE ITS HIGHLIGHTED and go into properties and change the field order from there..

this should work without too many hassles and ALL the media youve selected should be effected.

Why youd want to change field order, or deinterlace this way, i dunno, but the Vegas deinterlacer is perfectly fine IMO
Old January 17th, 2006, 08:41 AM   #183
Sponsor: JET DV

A very quick way to add a volume envelope is to select the audio track and press "V".
Old January 17th, 2006, 08:57 AM   #184
Trustee

that did it, thanks! =).

oh, how does one separate audio tracks from video?
Old January 17th, 2006, 11:23 AM   #185
Inner Circle

When you say "seperate" do you mean remove or move to another position on the timeline?
In either case it's very easy. Highlight the clip and press 'U' that will "Ungroup" the clip thus allowing you to do things to either the audio or video without moving the other. (either moving or deleting)
Don
Old January 17th, 2006, 11:26 AM   #186

Another option would be to use the "Ignore Event Grouping" button on the toolbar.
Old January 17th, 2006, 01:12 PM   #187
Trustee

wow, Vegas is very powerful =). just starting to really play around with the various options. it is uber-kewl. thx gentlemen. hopefully i can finish editing quick and then post some screencaps of footages from XL H1 =).
Old January 17th, 2006, 04:19 PM   #188
Regular Crew

Using Mackie Onyx MIxer and Vegas

I recently received my Mackie Onyx 1220 Mixer with firewire card. After installing proper driver, software etc., I have tried to interface Vegas and the Onyx mixer. Vegas does recognize the mixer under Option>Preference>Audio Device. The problem that I am having is that it only allows me to select up to two lines at a time (I am guessing for mono and stereo purposes.) under the 'default audio recording device'. Is it possible to capture multiple tracks at one time using Vegas and an onyx series mixer? I have been able to capture(record) multiple tracks using Traction (the software that came with the system). I bought this mixer to interface with Vegas. Please help. Does ANYONE have any experiene using this mixer with Vegas?
Old January 17th, 2006, 05:09 PM   #189
Regular Crew

I use this method because then I use opasity at 30% and the final result is too close to film movement. Of course, there are additional tricks...
Look, Peter, it is not problem fot me to adjust the field order of the clips one by one. The general problem is that /for example/:
- most of the clips are cutted on the timeline on track 1, i.e. I change the start or end of every clip to get only the needed part of every clip.
- most of the clips on the timeline on track 1 are cross faded and mixed between each other, etc.
- some of the clips on the timeline on track 1 are speed changed.
So, do you inderstand now? The headache is if I have to make every setting once again on the track 2 manualy. Even if I try this, it will not be exactly sinchronized and absolutely the same like on the track 1.
So???
Old January 17th, 2006, 08:02 PM   #190
Regular Crew

DV scene detection was off... I wanted it on.

I accidently captured footage without DV scene detection enabled and I wanted individual clips. Is it possible to run a scene detection on it now, or am I stuck with one clip? (Vegas 6)
Old January 17th, 2006, 08:15 PM   #191

Try Scenalyzer or Scenalyzer Live to split the clip for you without recapturing. Within Vegas, you'd have to recapture with scene detect turned on.
Old January 17th, 2006, 08:18 PM   #192

What if you do this:

Render the project to a new AVI file. Add this AVI file on a track above your current project and then change the field order on the newly added clip and adjust opacities as desired.
Old January 17th, 2006, 08:20 PM   #193

When you right-click the audio tracks, do you have choices to pick more than two channels? And the proper driver is picked in Vegas?
Old January 17th, 2006, 09:02 PM   #194

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Thomas
I accidently captured footage without DV scene detection enabled and I wanted individual clips. Is it possible to run a scene detection on it now, or am I stuck with one clip? (Vegas 6)
You can recapture with another tool, or take the one long clip you've got, split it, and render each of those segments as new avi files, then discard the original. Since you're not processing the video, it's a bit for bit transfer, it'll render extremely fast, and you'll have separate files.
http://www.vasst.com
Old January 17th, 2006, 11:10 PM   #195
Trustee

Disappearing Effect?

Hi guys.I would like to creat a person "disappearing" as he walks down an alley.I figured out I can film the background on a tripod first, before filming with the guy walking.I could fade the top layer to show the bottom layer of the background alone.

Now,is there any way to do that in post in Vegas?
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...