Vegas Video discussions from 2006 (Q1Q2) - Page 14 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old January 17th, 2006, 11:20 PM   #196

To have it look natural, that's the only way I know of. Shoot the alley with locked down sticks, then shoot the alley again with the guy walking in or out of the alley, and then fade them together in post. Be sure to shoot fast so the light doesn't change, or have enough light there to keep it consistent.
http://www.vasst.com
Old January 17th, 2006, 11:39 PM   #197
Inner Circle

Yep, you can do a cross-dissolve in Vegas.

2- You can almost do the same shot handheld if you have Combustion (or similar program). It can motion track the background and let you do the fade that way.

See
http://www.glennchan.info/Proofs/dvi...ion%20test.mov

But don't actually do that- in my case, it didn't quite work. Also, the falling leaves the background will be difficult to get right. It may be possible to get that shot done right (with more money and/or time), but the simple solution is probably the best.
Old January 18th, 2006, 02:36 AM   #198
Trustee

Ahh shoot fast..yes I almost missed out that point.Yup,I gonna use a nice tripod.Thanks guys!
Old January 18th, 2006, 04:24 AM   #199
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Troxel
What if you do this:

Render the project to a new AVI file. Add this AVI file on a track above your current project and then change the field order on the newly added clip and adjust opacities as desired.
Yes, Edward, I got the idea just some minutes after writing my previous post.
Old January 18th, 2006, 06:02 AM   #200

That sounds like the output driver.. Isnt the Onyx multiple inputs but only stereo output ? The way to select inputs is arm a track for record and then hit the button to the left of record button.. There you select the input..

Old January 18th, 2006, 09:42 AM   #201
Major Player

It works GREAT

Old thread, but new news.

I just received the Pyro A/V Link from B&H, and the used Polaroid 20" LCD TV arrived the same day. Wired them up (firewire from Vegas to Pyro, component to TV), and it works. Beautiful colors from the preview screen.

thanks for the info.

Scott
Old January 18th, 2006, 11:51 AM   #202
Regular Crew

Capture/ Edit hdv from HD100 or FX1: How?

OK, so VEGAS has been great for capture and Edit of JVC HD10 and DV footage.

Next big question: how to capture HDV format from HD100? Is this possible?

Also capture from FX1?

Thanks,

Ed
ed@highlydef.com
Old January 18th, 2006, 11:54 AM   #203

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Hill
OK, so VEGAS has been great for capture and Edit of JVC HD10 and DV footage.

Next big question: how to capture HDV format from HD100? Is this possible?

Also capture from FX1?

Thanks,

Ed
Vegas does great with the HD100, and does great with the FX1. Having both JVC HD100U, and having several Z1 cams, plus A1 cams, and the Canon...Vegas manages them all well.
Old January 18th, 2006, 03:16 PM   #204
Major Player

Importing of Flash files changes color pallet

I've searched through the existing posts, with no luck.

I've created several flash files and when I bring them in to the Vegas 6.0 time line the colors are shifted and everything has a deep red hue.

I've created a file in Swishmax and tried saving as multiple versions (flash v5 and v4) at multiple frame rates, and tweaked just about every setting I could find.

I created another file in Satish's Wink, which doesn't allow you to change the flash type of export and doesn't state which version it renders as.

The files play just fine on the time line but everything is really red. One the simplier file (swish) I can easily correct it but the Wink file consists of mulitple screenshots for training purposes and there are far too many colors going on.

If I select the "disable resample" swith on the clip properties it gets even redder, and the other resample switches have no effect.

Any idea what the heck is going on here?
Old January 18th, 2006, 05:36 PM   #205
Trustee

Considering switching to Premiere Pro 2.0

I am an SD film-maker thinking of switching to Premiere. Am I alone in thinking that development of Vegas has stalled since Sony bought SonicFoundry? I adore the Vegas UI, but Premiere seems a whole lot more powerful, especially when paired with After Effects 7.0. When is Vegas 7.0 due anyway?
Old January 18th, 2006, 08:10 PM   #206
Regular Crew

Edl?

I am using Vegas 6c and have finished an HDCam offline. I am trying to print a .edl to give to my online editor. Vegas CAN'T do it? Help

Jeff
Old January 18th, 2006, 09:08 PM   #207

First, Vegas didn't at ALL stall; it grew. Significantly.
Second, as a Premiere beta team member, and user of PP2.0, it's still not Vegas. The only thing, IMO, that makes it better than Vegas, is the Photoshop/After Effects integration. Multicam is a huge PITA, and who cares about much of the other stuff. Timeline creation of DVDs? So what? Pinnacle has been doing it for a long, long time. Stability is an issue, but not a huge one.
Bottom line....if you've been using Premiere, it's good for you because you're finally getting some much needed improvements. If you're not using Premiere, especially if you like the Vegas GUI, no reason at all to switch or start using it. But that's my very biased opinion.
Old January 18th, 2006, 09:14 PM   #208
Sponsor: JET DV

Try using one of the AAF choices (or try BOTH). Will either of these work in your other program?
Old January 19th, 2006, 06:25 AM   #209
Major Player

If you use the squeeze widescreen mode of the XM2, just set your Vegas project file to DV PAL Widescreen. If you use the Capture utility of Vegas to get the footage from the camera into Vegas, there is some option where you can set the pixel width (1 or 1.4 or something like that).
When you render to let's say MPEG2, use a PAL Widescreen DVD Architect template. When you've filmed in frame mode with the XM2 (the pseudo-progressive video of the XM2), change the template by changing the interlaced/field order option to none/progressive. Change that option also in your Vegas project settings, to match them everywhere. It's as simple as that.
Old January 19th, 2006, 08:29 AM   #210
Trustee

x2 3800, 1gb RAM, x700 PCIe, etc. smooth as butter.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...