Vegas Video discussions from 2006 (Q1Q2) - Page 140 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old June 30th, 2006, 05:24 PM   #2086
Regular Crew

Fading FX Effects

I want to put some FX effect to video clip but with fading effect (fading the start and fading the end of the applayed effect). For example I want to put blur efect or Black and White efect onto selected part of the video clip but efect should not to appear and go off immediatelly but with fading efect.
Regards.
Old June 30th, 2006, 08:52 PM   #2087

This is what keyframes are for. There are great tutorials on using keyframes built straight into Vegas, the www.vasst.com site has some tutorials, and Edward's newsletters www.jetdv.com have tutorials on keyframes.
A keyframe instructs the filter/plugin to behave in a specific manner at a specific point in time.
http://www.vasst.com
Old June 30th, 2006, 09:06 PM   #2088
Regular Crew

Quality settings for exporting back to tape?

I decided recently to start exporting my finished wedding edits back to tape so I can use them later as .avi if need be instead of a compressed .mpg off the dvd.

The question: under the 'custom' menu (within the tape export menu) in Vegas 6, why is there a quality selection such as good or best for exporting? Shouldn't the export be exactly the original DV quality as when I exported it FROM the dv tape in the first place?
Old June 30th, 2006, 09:50 PM   #2089
Sponsor: JET DV

The MPEG2 custom button will work in the full version of Vegas whether or not DVD Architect is installed. That makes no difference.
Old June 30th, 2006, 09:55 PM   #2090
Sponsor: JET DV

If you've added effects or made other changes that require rendering, that setting would come into play. Any section that does not need rendering would work as you said.
Old June 30th, 2006, 10:38 PM   #2091
Major Player

Thanks, Matthew. That was exactly what I was looking for !
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...