Vegas Video discussions from 2006 (Q1Q2) - Page 37 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old February 23rd, 2006, 05:07 PM   #541
Inner Circle

Vegas Prediction

I think the trend will be to native HDV editing. Premiere Pro 2.0 has it, and despite what some are postulating, in actual use I find it working pretty decently. Pinnacle Studio 10 Plus ( a consumer editor) is also going native HDV. It has some bugs still, but has the promise of fast rendering, because it only actually rerenders edited area of a clip. You would think Sony, a dedicated champion of HDV, would be working that way with Vegas--- they do own that outfit, right ?

It is a dilemna. I upgraded to from Premiere 6.5 to Pro 1.51, only to have Pro 2.0 come out a month later. Ended up paying $200 for each upgrade.
Old February 23rd, 2006, 05:10 PM   #542
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Barcellos
I think the trend will be to native HDV editing. Premiere Pro 2.0 has it, and despite what some are postulating, in actual use I find it working pretty decently. Pinnacle Studio 10 Plus ( a consumer editor) is also going native HDV. It has some bugs still, but has the promise of fast rendering, because it only actually rerenders edited area of a clip. You would think Sony, a dedicated champion of HDV, would be working that way with Vegas--- they do own that outfit, right ?

It is a dilemna. I upgraded to from Premiere 6.5 to Pro 1.51, only to have Pro 2.0 come out a month later. Ended up paying $200 for each upgrade.

Follow up: I know Vegas does .m2t native edits, but I have heard a lot of complaints.
Old February 23rd, 2006, 06:29 PM   #543
Major Player

Neil- No matter what I set the preview window to, the preview in either external monitor will only improve when I enlarge the preview window in Vegas itself. I thought this might be a normal thing--does it happen to you?
Old February 23rd, 2006, 09:14 PM   #544
Inner Circle

for whatever reason the larger the preview screen the more it stutters even in "preview" quality-so for rough editing I leave the screen small and on "preview auto" then for finish edit and color work I use an external monitor and it seems to work better but for really fine stuff, I'll render a small clip to AVI and run it thru the external monitor just to double check it.
Don
Old February 23rd, 2006, 09:35 PM   #545
Sponsor: JET DV

The latest version update info indicates it's now compatible with Vegas 6.
Old February 23rd, 2006, 10:20 PM   #546
Inner Circle

Thanks Ed

I will check the new version out
Old February 23rd, 2006, 11:51 PM   #547
Regular Crew

Animation, 3D Animation, and still pixel size?

1. I have been creating simple Flash animations for my video presentations at 720x480 pixels (output from flash at everything max) but after rendereing (at best) the animations become somewhat blocky and jittery (I edit the original pics in photoshop or Real Draw, export them as transparent ...? oops forgot the name..., then move them around in Flash). Is this blockyness/flickering normal? Can I possibly get a clean and nice animation? (maybe doubling the size of the original flash animation?)

2. And... exactly what size pixel screen size should I use for stills and animation programs to import into vegas?

3. Does anyone have a recommendation for an animation and or 3d animator for a resonable price the works well with Vegas. I am not looking to get heavily into it but it is nice to throw in some simple, fun and cool little animations here and there.

Thanks
Old February 24th, 2006, 03:43 AM   #548
Regular Crew

Have you tried this (from Vegas help):

Reduce interlace flicker
(video only)
This switch can be useful in cases where the source material didn't originate as video and contains extremely high spatial or temporal frequencies.

When you watch the rendered (interlaced) output on video of this sort of media, you may see flickering or crawling edges if this switch is not applied

Enable this switch when using imported images that were not created using a video camera (such as photographs) or when using generated media or text.
Old February 24th, 2006, 06:33 AM   #549
Regular Crew

Dual Layer in Sony DVD Architect 2.0

Is their anyway to burn onto a dual Layer disc using Sony Dvd Architect?
Old February 24th, 2006, 08:58 AM   #550
Sponsor: JET DV

Dual layer support was added in DVDA 3. You might be able to prepare a larger size disc in DVDA 2 and then use Nero to burn it. Not sure how the layer splitting will work in that case, though.
Old February 24th, 2006, 10:07 AM   #551
Major Player

Don-Thanks for the response. It's not really a problem with choppiness, it's the resolution. Should've made that clear. When I switch to Best-Full preview setting it clears up just fine (thanks, Ed). It was having it in Auto mode that was giving me the problem, although I like your editing solution to this also.
Vin
Old February 24th, 2006, 02:09 PM   #552
Major Player

DVD Architecture: Crazy, Part 2

NOTE: I deleted my initial post because I've since been running various tests to correct certain problems. Some things I've cleared up, other things I haven't. I posted in panic mode earlier and just babbled; if certain problems persist I'll update later in a hopefully coherent manner.

Thank you. :D

Last edited by Barry Rivadue; February 24th, 2006 at 07:10 PM.
Old February 24th, 2006, 06:14 PM   #553
Regular Crew

Output file doesn't match preview

Hi all,

I'm doing some track motion and cropping in Vegas, and I can't figure out why my rendered file doesn't match the preview in vegas. I don't want the 5 shots overlapping. I'm sure it's simple, but it's got me stumped. Any thoughts?

http://img132.imagevenue.com/img.php...50_Preview.jpg

http://img128.imagevenue.com/img.php...956_Output.JPG

Thanks,

Steve
Old February 24th, 2006, 06:25 PM   #554
Regular Crew

Ahem, please ignore this waste of pixel. I changed my project properties to widescreen, and hey presto...
Old February 24th, 2006, 08:37 PM   #555
Major Player

Why does this happen:

My DVD Arch 2.0 program stops responding when I click on "Make DVD."; even after reinstallation. I get this error message: SzM Modname: hungapp. Is that enough to figure it out?

I have two other DVD apps on the hard drive (one is Sony); I also have a Sony external burner.

This is exasperating. Any insight welcomed!
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...