Vegas Video discussions from 2006 (Q1Q2) - Page 39 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old February 26th, 2006, 03:41 PM   #571
Major Player

Thank you - thank you - thank you! It's so strange that this issue has bugged me for so long. I never realized that the upper corners of a clip - audio or video could give you a little fade handle. What a treat!
Milt
Old February 26th, 2006, 03:58 PM   #572
Inner Circle

First of all, by renering back to tape, you have essentialy saved it in the .mt2 format, so you could alway recapture native from the tape, and reprint to next tape.

Second, your question states that you first rendered to .m2t from Vegas CF. If you did, that the file is there for storage on hard drive or on DVD. In fact, you should be able to drag it to time line in a new Vegas project from there.

What you may be referring to is the situation where you tell Vegas to render your Vegas/CF edited project. I don't know about, Vegas specically, but in other editors, you can designate that the temporarily rendered file for the print to tape be maintained.
Old February 26th, 2006, 08:43 PM   #573
Major Player

Do you have to render a mpeg2?

Hi
I've got some of my work as a MPEG2 file (the audio is also AC3 stereo). I don't have the original avi's and don't really need them.
I'm wanting to use certain bits of the file.
What I have done is opened vegas 6, loaded the file in the trimmer, selected the bit that I wanted (create sub clip).
Then loaded that into the time line - render.

Do I really need to render back out to mpeg2? or is there a better way to do this?

There's no fades or titles or anything, just two simple cuts.
Old February 26th, 2006, 09:21 PM   #574
Sponsor: JET DV

If you edit MPEG2 in Vegas (even cuts-only), every frame will be decompressed and recompressed as you render.

You might want to look at something like Womble which can do cuts-only MPEG2 editing without re-rendering.
Old February 26th, 2006, 09:25 PM   #575
Major Player

Thanks Ed - as always you've been very helpful :)
Old February 27th, 2006, 01:28 AM   #576
Inner Circle

You might take a look at "TMPGEnc MPEG Editor" also.
Old February 27th, 2006, 07:56 AM   #577
Regular Crew

Add space in timeline

After finishing the first edit of a project Im working on, I need to go to various places along the timeline and add or remove some space.

I have approximately 50 audio/video tracks.

How do you pick a spot on the timeline, and move everything on all tracks after that spot so that you can add or subtract some space. Hopefully there is an easy way to do this and ensure everything remains in sync.

Thanks!
Old February 27th, 2006, 08:14 AM   #578
Regular Crew

I'd move one of the events as much as needed, then go to the Edit menu, Post Edit Ripple, and (probably) the third option to move everything.
Old February 27th, 2006, 08:21 AM   #579
Inner Circle

My drop

Well, located on my front page is the drop I was able to 'create.' I did it the old fashioned way with actual liquid, and eye dropper and camera. I'll continue to play around and tweak it. But let me know. Thank you for your input and help.

As you will see, I changed my plan of having the logo appear from beneath. I kind of went where my drop took me.

www.droptodesign.com
Old February 27th, 2006, 09:36 AM   #580
New Boot

Vegas 6 questions

Hello Vegas 6 users:

If anyone out has the answers, here are the questions:

1. I am shooting a movie that has several hundred clips. I was putting them all in one track to check for continuity. By chapter 5 or six the clips were shown as red screens instead of the actual video clip. So the first few clips in the story line are fine but afterwards I can not see them. If I save the first 2 or 3 chapters to a different file, then my red screens turn into video again. Does Vegas 6 has an intrinsic built in limit to the number of clips you can work with or is it my computer? (Dual core dual processor, 500 GB, 4.2MHZ PC)

2. I am not having much luck recording sound into Vegas. I am using TASCAM 122 and Acid Pro. The sound seems like is missing a fraction of a second from each recorded clip.

3. I have used Chroma Blur and Chroma select to erase backgrounds but I am having no luck when I try to place a walking subject on a fixed background.

I would appreciate any information.

Thanks

Gino Salerno
Old February 27th, 2006, 09:43 AM   #581
Wrangler

Hi Gino,

This will get moved to the Vegas DV forum just down the main page here pretty soon. You'll get the answers you need.

In the meantime, Welcome!!! :)
Old February 27th, 2006, 10:41 AM   #582
Major Player

How do you select and use a Third Party DV Codec?

Hello again.

From within Vegas I know how to turn on 'Ignore Third Party DV Codecs' in order to ensure that you use only the supplied Vegas DV Codec BUT how do actually 'not ignore' a 'Third Part DV Codec'?

I need to try to render from DV to MainConcept's DVCPRO25/50. How?

Regards,

Dale.
Old February 27th, 2006, 10:47 AM   #583
Sponsor: JET DV

Generally speaking... it's simply a matter of picking the right file type (i.e. AVI), choosing "Custom", go to the Video tab, and then pick the proper codec from the list of choices.
Old February 27th, 2006, 01:12 PM   #584
Major Player

Thanks for the reply.

Actually - I was being stupid - select Video For Windows as the template - and DVCPRO25/50 appears as an optional Video format.

Sorry about that.

Thanks again.

Dale.
Old February 27th, 2006, 08:16 PM   #585
Major Player

Field order

For HDV projects what do you set your field order to (Upper, Lower, or none)
when the final destination is HDV tape.

Thanks
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...