Vegas Video discussions from 2006 (Q1Q2) - Page 40 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old February 27th, 2006, 08:23 PM   #586

Upper field first when rendering to 1080i media
http://www.vasst.com
Old February 27th, 2006, 08:37 PM   #587
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas Spotted Eagle
Upper field first when rendering to 1080i media
What am I doing wrong?

I seem to get jagged edges on playback when I use upper first, but don't have the same problem when I select lower. Isit just my video player. Seems to happen in Media Player, VLC, and even on Quicktime.

FX1, Vegas MovieStudio, Dual Core AMD 3800+,
Old February 27th, 2006, 08:38 PM   #588
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Barcellos
What am I doing wrong?

I seem to get jagged edges on playback when I use upper first, but don't have the same problem when I select lower. Isit just my video player. Seems to happen in Media Player, VLC, and even on Quicktime.

FX1, Vegas MovieStudio, Dual Core AMD 3800+,
Are you viewing it on a LCD?
Old February 27th, 2006, 08:45 PM   #589
Inner Circle

No, just my computer monitor...
Old February 27th, 2006, 08:48 PM   #590
Inner Circle

You know, I think thats how I set it in Premiere, don't recall how I've set in Vegas renders. Could that make a difference? Anyone?
Old February 27th, 2006, 10:05 PM   #591
Trustee

isn't there a link somewhere that shows you how to optimally output a web-based .mov file? i believe the link is somewhere in our opendv discussion contest section where people have to u/l files to compete.
Old February 27th, 2006, 10:11 PM   #592
Trustee

HDV to HD. Best method?

hi ya'll,

this is a sister thread to the HDV to SD =). hopefully all editors interested in converting either cf or m2t to a consumer HD format can post replies here =).

i shot a wedding on XL H1's 24F mode. i put together a rough cut and output the entire thing to .wmv's HD default template. i dunno if it's just me but i'm getting a lot of pixelization/interlacing.

anybody have experience with outputting a good piece of HD file that can fit on DVD5 (4.35gigabytes) or DVD9 (8.5gigabytes)? either is fine by me.
Old February 27th, 2006, 10:38 PM   #593
Regular Crew

16:9 question...

well, I got my first Sony PDX10 camera! weii...
anyway...
(for those who don't know, PDX10 have REAL 16:9 mode (16:9 chip)).
I capture video from my camera. I choose PAL DV widescreen template and when I import my captured avi, it is shown squeezed in preview. ok. when I turn on 'simulate device aspect ratio' vegas should show video in 16:9, right? the thing is, vegas is showing video in 1049 x 576! it's a little bit squeezed. correct resolution in preview should be 1024 x 576, not 1049! is this normal? or I did something wrong?

now, I played a bit in vegas and I got correct resolution (1024 x 576) in preview when I changed pixel aspect ratio for my project to 1.4220. Just to remind you, vegas gives you 1.4568 aspect ratio as default for PAL DV Widescreen.

what's going on here?

thanx for info...
Old February 27th, 2006, 11:22 PM   #594
Regular Crew

Noise Reduction in Vegas6d

I'm trying to use Noise reduction 2.0 on a small audio clip in Vegas. This program has done wonders for me before but now everytime I try to save the file I get an error message that says, "The system is low on memory". I don't understand this. I have 1GB RAM and 33GB on the hard drive I'm using. Anyone know how to fix this?
Old February 27th, 2006, 11:42 PM   #595

How is your paging file set up?
Old February 28th, 2006, 12:27 AM   #596
Major Player

Avid Xpress Video into Vegas for Sound

Hey everyone,

I've got a question. Right now we're cutting a feature on Xpress but the director/soundman hates the audio capabilities in it. He's much faster with Vegas. I know Vegas but am much more comfortable cutting on Avid to get the rythm I'm after. Here's my question:

Has anyone worked with importing sound into Vegas from Avid or another NLE or does anyone have good experience in the past of pushing sound clips out of Avid for sound (other than into something like ProTools). Lip sync, ADR, and folley work will be done in Vegas and we've also got some bad timecode on a couple tapes so that messes things up a bit as well. Would love to hear any suggestions and tips you guys have!

Thanks a ton!
Old February 28th, 2006, 01:00 AM   #597
Major Player

My motherboard went bad, Oh, the frustrations of this Hi-Tech world we live in :)

Last edited by Paul Kepen; February 28th, 2006 at 02:28 AM. Reason: I found the answer - pleasae delete this post
Old February 28th, 2006, 08:28 AM   #598

Export, use CuiBono to read the AAF info, or try using the AAF straight from Avid. Import to Vegas using CuiBono, or simply import the AAF. I've done it both ways, and right now can't remember what the problem was that made me have to go to CuiBono.
Old February 28th, 2006, 08:44 AM   #599
Major Player

Thanks Douglas! That looks like it could save the day... I think the direct import of the AAF files just arent recognized by Vegas - at least yesterday when we were trying. But this CuiBono looks like it does a ton!
Old February 28th, 2006, 09:50 AM   #600
Regular Crew

I don't know what a paging file is, so I guess it's set at the default. Oddly the default wav file to render was 44,100 Hz, but when I changed that to 48,000 Hz it worked.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...