Vegas Video discussions from 2006 (Q1Q2) - Page 72 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old April 4th, 2006, 01:36 PM   #1066
Major Player

Can't confirm this, but from one pic I saw, I think in BSW's catalog the software included with the Podcast factory, the screenshot in the ad looks a lot like the freeware Audacity.

if so, you might be better off purchasing a slighlty better mic and getting the software free.
Old April 4th, 2006, 01:44 PM   #1067
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas Spotted Eagle
Pan/crop is likely what you used to set the 16:9 images in your stills... Look on the media, you'll see a little crop icon, or right click and choose "Pan/Crop from those settings.
Yes your right...i did use that a bunch...is this problematic?
Old April 4th, 2006, 02:51 PM   #1068
Regular Crew

Can I mix 60i and CF30

Vegas 6, FX1....can I mix 60i and CF30 in same project? Anyone do this, how does it look as mpeg2?
Old April 4th, 2006, 03:19 PM   #1069

Absolutely. Looks fine, especially at SD resolutions. You'll notice a softening of the CF 30 compared to the 60i in HD resolutions, but some folks really like that look, me being one of them.
http://www.vasst.com
Old April 4th, 2006, 03:38 PM   #1070
Major Player

It might look like old BBC TV drama and comedy productions. Pre 1990s, interiors were recorded on VT in a multi camera studio, and exteriors filmed single camera on 16mm.

In the 90s this approach fell out of favour, and shows were shot all video (as high quality video became more portable) or all film (for prestige productions more likely to be sold to the US).

The look will be different, so you should have some scheme as to what would be 60i and what CF30. What's the rational between swapping between them?
Old April 4th, 2006, 03:55 PM   #1071
Regular Crew

The Podcast Factory sells for $150. The description indicates it comes with a professional quality microphone.
Old April 4th, 2006, 04:53 PM   #1072
Regular Crew

Upgrade From Studio Platunum to Vegas

Is this the correct Vegas 6.0 with DVD? Quite a bit cheaper than what Sony is offering. Sony is $575 for "upgrade from Platinum".

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home;jsessionid=Gy44Jy6PpH!-1063885234?O=cart&A=details&Q=&sku=381028&is=REG

It looks the same to me, and I assume this is the "Pro" version with all the bells and whistles my Platinum does not have.

Thanks,

Jamie
Old April 4th, 2006, 05:00 PM   #1073

That indeed is the pro version. It may be that Sony is trying to not be too competitive with their dealers, therefore having the higher price.
http://www.vasst.com
Old April 4th, 2006, 05:04 PM   #1074
Regular Crew

Thanks Douglas,

I had not checked pricing from other dealers and didn't realize it would be that much cheaper. Glad I saw the ad.

By the way, your book "HDV: What You NEED to Know" was included with Platinum and I enjoyed it.

Jamie
Old April 4th, 2006, 06:22 PM   #1075
Regular Crew

Jamie,

Sony offered me an upgrade direct for $260.00ish. Try the following link:
http://www.sonymediasoftware.com/pro...code=3028-1011
Old April 4th, 2006, 11:48 PM   #1076
Regular Crew

Thanks guys, good to know. Not too worried about it for corporate stuff, but some documentary footage may benefit from switching to CF30 look, especially in low light situations where you gain a stop or so.
Old April 5th, 2006, 05:41 AM   #1077
Major Player

Don't forget that if you have kids or attending school, you can but software at academic prices.

You can get the full version of Sony Vegas 6 + DVD for around $300 at the academic price.

Just another option.

From the Sonymediasoftware.com site, check the academic prices link which shows the sites selling it.
Old April 5th, 2006, 10:07 AM   #1078
Regular Crew

Thanks For The Help

Finally spit out a clean render!!! Many issues with the template and the HC1 does not like a bright background with a darker moving object...I brought the contrast down on the vid track even slightly below scope and wammo! Dont run two tracks of titling, keep it all on one line. Clean and tight! My custom template was as follows.

Mpeg2
HDV1080
best quality (good did not work)
8mbps-h
7mbps-m
4mbps-l
top field first (bottom is unwatchable)
no second pass
192 for audio
3hours 15 minutes for 32 minute project.

We have been doing high motion off road stuff lately and will be doing a high def Gray Wolf doc this weekend..should be nice.
Old April 5th, 2006, 10:58 AM   #1079
Regular Crew

Help - Vegas 6 is +DVD needed?

Hi,
I can get Vegas 6 academic at a good price. What will +dvd do for me. I am not shooting or doing any HD right now and probably won't ...just bought a GL-2. I have been using Studio 10 and Liquid 5.5 and not real happy with the hang-ups.
Old April 5th, 2006, 11:51 AM   #1080
Trustee

If you don't plan to do any DVD, you don't have need for the +DVD version... +DVD will give you DVD Architech, a really good DVD authoring software.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...