Vegas Video discussions from 2006 (Q1Q2) - Page 75 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old April 9th, 2006, 09:27 PM   #1111
Regular Crew

Vegas 6.0d VERY slow with Sanyo HD-1 footage

I am having the hardest time previewing clips in Vegas on a AMD X2 4800+, 2 GB RAM, RAID.

I get about 2-5 fps on draft preview. Now, watching the clips in Quicktime in fullscreen does not even tickle the computer, so I am assuming that maybe a codec is not properly working in Vegas?

So far, search on this forum only yielded tah it works quite well, but no fps indication.

For example, opening a 12 min HD-1 project almost takes 20 minutes, renering it, however, is quite fast.

The Movie Factory software is very fast on the same machine...
Old April 9th, 2006, 09:52 PM   #1112
Major Player

Why is Vegas 6.0c telling me I need to buy a AC-3 encoder?

So I'm getting ready to burn a DVD. I already rendered the video for DVDA - now I want to render the audio. I go to what I've always used ac-3 and it tells me I need to buy it first. What gives?

One more piece of information. I recently moved my copy of Vegas from my old computer to my new computer. Is this what's causing the issue? Everything else works just fine. It re-registered the software when I went to do the DVD render. But doesn't want to let me do the audio.

Thanks,
Milt
Old April 10th, 2006, 01:11 AM   #1113
Major Player

No, that's not happening with me.

I'm trying to think of what other stuff I have installed.

Power DVD 6 which has some codecs. VLC player. Real Player. divx6. Nero 7. Probably some stuff I don't know about. I'm not being very helpful here, sorry.

I have a Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.66GHz, Processor Speed is 2.59 GHz, Memory (RAM) 768 MB, XPSP2 Operating System Version 5.1.2600.

I also have a Radeon 9700 card.

I think Vegas would probably be more demanding than Movie Factory.
Old April 10th, 2006, 01:46 AM   #1114
RED Code Chef

The AC3 encoder needs a seperate license key, which you get when you
buy the package of Vegas + DVD Architect (if I remember correctly). If you
just bought Vegas you did not buy a license to use the AC3 encoder.

So you either need to get that license or re-find your license key.

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Old April 10th, 2006, 02:08 AM   #1115
Regular Crew

Will Vegas Video work with the Panasonic HVX200?

Can't seem to find any answers on this. Basically will Vegas Video edit the HD files coming from the new Panasonic HVX200?
Old April 10th, 2006, 02:54 AM   #1116
New Boot

Try to convert with MP4CAM2AVI and install FFDSHOW codec
Old April 10th, 2006, 02:55 AM   #1117
Inner Circle

I believe you may need Raylight.

(Sorry, haven't used it.)
Old April 10th, 2006, 07:10 AM   #1118
Sponsor: JET DV

Properly registering DVD Architect should fully unlock AC-3. If you have DVDA installed AND registered and you are still seeing this error, you may need to contact tech support to let them help straighten it out.
Old April 10th, 2006, 08:26 AM   #1119
Regular Crew

DVD Architect: Full Version

I may be incredibly dense about this, but I'm really confused. My company bought the Vegas+DVD bundle, and I assumed that the DVD Architect included was the full version. However, there are a lot of grayed out features on the timeline of the DVD Architect that I have, such as Import Subtitles and Add Markers for example.

I've registered, and I've updated to DVD Architect 3.0c, but the items are still grayed out. I noticed that in the sample page on Sony that the items are also grayed out. Is this normal? I've emailed tech support, but have yet to hear from them. What am I missing?
Old April 10th, 2006, 08:28 AM   #1120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gian Pablo Villamil
Can't seem to find any answers on this. Basically will Vegas Video edit the HD files coming from the new Panasonic HVX200?
You'll need Raylight to accomplish this.
Tutorial:
http://www.vasst.com/resource.aspx?i...a-d07e5bbc018f
http://www.vasst.com
Old April 10th, 2006, 08:29 AM   #1121
Sponsor: JET DV

Some items will be grayed out IF the proper things aren't selected. For example, you can't add a menu button if you're not on a menu. Perhaps you just don't have the proper thing selected.
Old April 10th, 2006, 08:36 AM   #1122
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Troxel
Some items will be grayed out IF the proper things aren't selected. For example, you can't add a menu button if you're not on a menu. Perhaps you just don't have the proper thing selected.
I'm an idiot! I went back and tried that -- and followed directions in the help file -- and voila, it appeared.

I think I just have a case of the Mondays.
Old April 10th, 2006, 09:36 AM   #1123
Major Player

Yup, both answers were correct. I called support this morning. They gave me my license # and pointed out that I needed to activate DVD arch. and it would automatically unlock the encoder. I guess the encoder comes with DVDA. And sure enough it worked great.

Also - they pointed me to VASST for their wonderful tutorials. Which I knew about but it was all good.
Very cool.
Milt
Old April 10th, 2006, 06:18 PM   #1124
Regular Crew

Adding in voiceover with microphone

Hi,

Using Studio Platinum (Vegas 6.0 +DVD from B&H arriving tomorrow).

I am playing around with audio, and inserting a voice track with microphone. I found the track EQ, COMP, and Gate functions, really, really cool! Audio tech ministry in our church has made me familiar with this stuff. I had no idea it was in this program. What a bonus.

It seems that my added audio track includes the audio track of my video clip as well as my voiceover. I found that soloing the voiceover track while recording stops that problem. Is that the correct configuration for that goal?

Also, I seem to be getting a lot of noise in the new track, whine...high freq hum, hiss, etc... I don't get this when using Windows sound recorder, a slight hiss only from my cheap Sony hand held. I can EQ some of this excessive noise out, but it is pretty much not usable.

Is there any way to get clean audio into Vegas from a pc soundcard? Rather, from a "typical" soundcard vs a "high end" card if such exists.

Thanks in advance,

Jamie
Old April 10th, 2006, 07:16 PM   #1125
New Boot

Jumpy preview when using .tif file

As I preview my stills on the timeline, as it gets to one that is a large .tif file, the preview becomes jumpy, not showing every frame. Is this because the program is having a tough time previewing such a large graphics file? And if so, will this still be a problem after it is rendered?

Thanks again,

Jim
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...