Vegas Video discussions from 2006 (Q1Q2) - Page 80 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old April 14th, 2006, 02:34 PM   #1186

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Hawley
Yep, that did the trick...changing the smoothness to 0. Thanks again guys!
You're most welcome. I wish I could have a nickel for every time this has messed me (and others) up. I could buy Sony by now.
http://www.vasst.com
Old April 14th, 2006, 03:01 PM   #1187
Jubal 28

It's a little confusing. Just remember that the DVD Architect 24p templates are optimal, and you'll have no worries.
Old April 14th, 2006, 03:12 PM   #1188
Sponsor: JET DV

You might want to take a look at the Veggie Toolkit: http://www.peachrock.com/software/veggie-toolkit.html
Old April 14th, 2006, 03:16 PM   #1189
Regular Crew

So the resulting movie is going to be shown this saturday night 4/15 at the San Francisco Film Arts Foundation. Thanks for you help and I hope anyone nearby can come check out the movie (Crossroads Gallery is the name by the way). See www.barewitness.com for more info.
Old April 14th, 2006, 03:47 PM   #1190
Regular Crew

Yes, it looks like they changed the link. Thanks for the correction.
Old April 14th, 2006, 06:38 PM   #1191
Sponsor: VASST

Gregory, By default GearShift makes both a DV proxy and a CineForm AVI. This is probably what is eating up your hard drive space and your time. Just select (None) under HD Media and it will not make the CineForm files (only the proxies). GearShift will remember this setting for next time.

~jr
Old April 14th, 2006, 10:22 PM   #1192
New Boot

Cayman Graphics Power CG problem

Where do you install this software for it to show up as a plugin in "generated media bin" I installed it to the "c" drive successfully & the stand alone version is now on my desktop but cannot get it to show up as a plugin.
Tks,
John
Old April 15th, 2006, 02:17 AM   #1193
Regular Crew

Thanks John I really appreciate that. I think thats exactly the problem that I was having. Ill try it out tonight.
Old April 15th, 2006, 07:56 AM   #1194

You may need to drag the .dll to the Vegas workspace and drop it. I don't remember having needed to do that, but it's been a long time since I installed. should show up in the same place as your text generator/noise generator.
http://www.vasst.com
Old April 15th, 2006, 09:40 AM   #1195

Hi Jamie,

The blending of your voice with the audio can be from several things. I gotta ask the obvious first (sorry) but are you monitoring with headphones to record? If your speakers are on, the mic will pick up the audio output from the speakers as you record. Next what audio device driver are you using? If it’s the Microsoft Sound Mapper, try changing it to the Windows Classic Wave driver. Then when you arm your track for recording, select your audio card microphone as mono (left channel only). This should record just from the mic and not include other inputs on your PC.

As for the noise, it shouldn’t be any noisier in VMS than the Windows recorder. Check to be use you are using the same inputs. Motherboard sound cards are noisy but they should be consistently noise regardless of what software you use.

~jr
Old April 15th, 2006, 09:44 AM   #1196
Regular Crew

Best way to split MPG for ease of use?

I have an MPG extracted / captured from a DVD-R that someone supplied me. The extracted MPG looks fine and it is a series of shots in one long clip. What I want to do is chop this up into just the clips I need for ease of assembly, etc. - rather than placing the entire clip in the timeline and working from that.

So, I separated the clip into what I wanted. Selected a loop to render. The problem is that when I do this the resulting MPG using Mainconcept MPEG2 template does not have the quality of the orginal shot due to what I am thinking is another round of compression.

The original clip was created using Microsoft Flight Simulator and is all graphics and animation. It looks fine in its orginal form. But when I cut it up and re-render into small individual shots it doesn't look as crisp. Thoughts?

" I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here! ..."
Old April 15th, 2006, 09:44 AM   #1197

Yea, I’m real happy with the PC I built. I’m glad to see others are happy with it too. ;-) You are going to love the AMD X2. They just rock!

(BTW Milt, I almost wet my pants watching Dog Man. That is simply brilliant! :-D)

~jr
Old April 15th, 2006, 10:01 AM   #1198
New Boot

Cayman Graphics install

Thanks Douglas, I got it to finally show up.For whatever reason, and it's probably my ineptness, it's working.
Old April 15th, 2006, 10:17 AM   #1199
Jubal 28

My system is almost a clone of John's (but I built mine first!), and I looooooove it. Best machine I've ever had. I wish I could take it with me to boot up in Panera Bread, where I am now, but you can't have everything . . .
Old April 15th, 2006, 10:26 AM   #1200
Major Player

Dog Man, well....yes THANKS a Bunch!

I think I need to do a little something with it.

For those of you that haven't seen it - http://realrez.com It's on the front page.

Thanks again, John!

Milt
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...