New FX package from Pixelan: AnyFx at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old March 24th, 2010, 08:53 PM   #1
Regular Crew

New FX package from Pixelan: AnyFx

Purchased AnyFx several days ago.

Just amazed by their customer support. I had a little bug with the demo where AnyFx was conflicting with Excalibur's auto-save feature. So I wrote to their customer support and got a quick reply from Ivan. Best of all they issued an update and resolved my problem quickly and even enhanced the software for faster navigation.

Really neat plugin, it's got nice blur and radial blur transitions, amazing snow and rain simulation and more creative fx like the Brightness and Contrast Radial Mask, plays fast and renders fast. It does not intregrate into Vegas like other transitions and FX do, but you quickly get use to it.

They will also be expanding it's fx and are looking into your suggestions for new fx as well. It's good to see someone is working hard for us. Also works with Premiere.

Works in 32 and 64bit, and having this kind of support and future enhancements is just wonderful.

Just thinking about another plugin in Vegas with no 64bit version, no support, overpriced and ressource intensive............ you just can't go wrong with AnyFx at $29!

http://www.pixelan.com/afx/intro.htm

Rob

Last edited by Robert St-Onge; March 24th, 2010 at 10:09 PM. Reason: link
Robert St-Onge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2010, 07:15 AM   #2
Sponsor: JET DV

Rob, Ivan contacted me as well and I worked with Ivan to also update the functionality of Auto Save. The "current" version saves every time Vegas loses focus. I added a catch so that if Vegas is losing focus many times quickly, it now won't save every time focus is lost - only after the "time to save" time has passed. If anyone needs this update, please send me a note and I'll get it to you. It will also be included in the next update to Excalibur but I don't know when that will be yet.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2010, 07:05 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks Edward, your help is much appreciated!

Rob
Robert St-Onge is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...