DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   64 bit Windows 7 crashing - Solutions? -could Vegas/Cineform be part of the problem? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/475972-64-bit-windows-7-crashing-solutions-could-vegas-cineform-part-problem.html)

Jeff Wisener March 31st, 2010 03:50 PM

64 bit Windows 7 crashing - Solutions? -could Vegas/Cineform be part of the problem?

My pc with Windows 7, 64 bit keep crashing. It ran fine the first week, then I installed Vegas & Cineform and since that time, it crashes & reboots.

Is anyone else having problems with Windows 7 in this way? Any suggestions would be helpful, thanks!

Sigmund Reboquio June 18th, 2010 06:15 PM

Mine crashes a lot when I try to render.
What I do is render in pieces,max of 10mnutes

Dennis Helmar June 18th, 2010 09:02 PM

Win 7

I am running windows 7 64 bit Vegas 9e and Cineform. No crashes in any form. Do you have external disks such as raid 0 for rendering? Try running Vegas as administrator, that might help. Uninstall and see if you still crash. I have 12gigs of ram. Hope this helps.

Adam Stanislav June 18th, 2010 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dennis Helmar (Post 1540040)
I am running windows 7 64 bit [snip]. I have 12gigs of ram. Hope this helps.

I hope you have at least Windows 7 Home Premium because Windows 7 Home Basic will only use 8 GB of your memory. Home Premium uses up to 16 GB. And Windows 7 Professional and higher uses up to 192 GB of available memory.

Gerald Webb June 19th, 2010 02:56 AM

If it was me, and it was a while back,
download a free program called
System Information for Windows.
its easy to find,
do a render, and watch your temps,
also have Task manager open and watch your Ram usage as compared to your CPU.
I'll bet between those 2 windows, all will be revealed.
:)

Dennis Helmar June 19th, 2010 07:29 PM

Win 7

Hi Adam,
I do use Windows 7 Professional on a dual Xeon machine with SAS raid and external e-sata raptors raid 0. With Lightroom 3 I have "Real memory available to Lightroom: 12286.4 MB" I don't know where to find out how much Vegas is using.

Adam Stanislav June 19th, 2010 08:41 PM

Presumably, Vegas allocates memory as it needs it, so theoretically, it should have as much memory as the system can give it. Of course, all other software running simultaneously uses some of that memory, too.

Once it (or any software) runs out of available memory, Windows starts allocating virtual memory and that slows everything down.

Dennis Helmar June 19th, 2010 09:15 PM

Thanks Adam that's good to know, can't wait for Vegas 10 Pro.

Jeff Harper June 19th, 2010 10:48 PM

fwiw, I have been using Windows 7 since the beta version and have never had crashing issues with Vegas 8 or 9. Currently on my third version of Windows 7. Can't imagine that even as little as 4gb memory would have issues with vegas and cause a crash. Sounds like a bad windows install or that the settings in the bios may need adjusted. Or some hardware incompatability.

Buba Kastorski June 21st, 2010 12:22 PM

it's not cineform itself, it's the files converted by neoscene on the Vegas timeline, well at least that's the problem I have, nothing helps, Vegas keeps crashing,
I did send email to cineform, but as I expected the fix has to come from the Vegas end, brilliant software, as long as you're not touching MOVs and Cineform converts.