Scripting a Setup menu in DVD Architect 4.0 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old April 4th, 2010, 11:02 PM   #1
Tourist

Scripting a Setup menu in DVD Architect 4.0

Hi there,

Has anyone here scripted an audio/subtitle setup menu with DVD architect 4.0, because I'm very keen to include one in a DVD I'm producing, but I am really struggling with the scripting thing.

Sure, I could just use the audio/subtitle switch on the DVD remote to do that function, but I still want to include the menu all the same, plus it looks more professional too, which is what I am aiming at.

Some of the tutorials I've seen mention the "Trivia Quiz" scripting, but to be honest that never really helped me at all.
Yuhan Houth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2010, 07:50 AM   #2
Regular Crew

If you mean scripting as in Vegas, then DVD-A does not support that

If you mean using means to change the audio/subtitles, then there is a tutorial n the manual if I remember correctly
Zulqar Cheema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2010, 08:22 AM   #3
Sponsor: JET DV

Zulgar, DVD Architect has DVD Scripting built in. It allows you to write scripts on the DVD that controls how the DVD operates. So, for example, you could create a game DVD where it would randomly choose some path or turn on an option after a specific set of circumstances were met. I've never written a DVD script, though.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2010, 12:55 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks for that clarification Edward, I was aware of the scripting in DVD-A (not though I now anything about writing scripts)

What Yuhan requested, i am sure is not covered by DVD-A scripting,
that is why I hopefully clarified it with VEGAS scripting, which is not possible in DVD-A

I have never come across any DVD-A script, I am surprised you have never written one, just to even out all the vegas scripts you have written. ;-)
Zulqar Cheema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2010, 04:55 PM   #5
Tourist

Hi Zulqar.

The scripting that I am after can definately be done with DVD-A, although the manual I have didn't really cover anything much about scripting and the Tutorial I downloaded only told me what scripting could do, but not about how to do it.

I found a tutorial regarding what I want to do called "Setup and Resume: Authoring a setup menu with conditional resume play" by Alex Alexzander, but it only covers how to do it with DVD Studio Pro 3.

Sorry if I sound a bit lazy about this. I tend to throw myself into the deep end when it comes to things like this and end up very confused. I managed to bluff my way through Vegas and Architect this far...
Yuhan Houth is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...