DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Pc stops processing on render with vegas (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/476313-pc-stops-processing-render-vegas.html)

Sigmund Reboquio April 6th, 2010 11:20 AM

Pc stops processing on render with vegas

Does this happen to you..

I have a 3-minute clip, all of them have : New blue fx, and brightness and contrast.
When I render, the processor stalls, and the render dialog box continues to indicate the time remaining but nothin really is hapening.

I wonder if this happens to you guys

intel core: i7, RAM 8GB,graphics 1.5G Ram,

Edward Troxel April 6th, 2010 11:32 AM

Well... you have a lot of unstated variables there.

You mention a 3-minute clip. What kind of clip? What kind of project? What format are you rendering to?

Then you mention NewBlueFX - which one? They have about 15 different packages with multiple effects per package - not counting bundled products.

As for "Brightness and Contrast" - I would take that off - you should virtually NEVER use that effect as there are other effects that will do a MUCH better job.

Sigmund Reboquio April 6th, 2010 11:50 AM

Hi Edward,

It is 3-minute clip of 1080x720, wmv project.
NewblufX film look is what I used.
i used brightness and contrast coz i thought, it would be less heavy for my pc to render this effect instead of a new blue.

Good point on not using brightness and contrast.

Now, I dont know what to do, besides rendering it in pieces (which is pain the )

Edward Troxel April 6th, 2010 12:13 PM

I've not seen any issues with Film Look and I typically would use Color Curves and/or the Color Corrector (primary or secondary) to adjust "brightness and contrast"

So the source clip is WMV? Or you're rendering to WMV and the source is something else?

What if you render to some other format. Does that work?

Sigmund Reboquio April 6th, 2010 12:34 PM

render to wmv

I dont know about color curves or brightness and contrast, all i know is the more we put stuffs in them the more render times or worst not render at all.

Im still finding out, why sony doesnt allow us to render easy with these plugins combined
(assuming we all comply with system requirements)

Larry Reavis April 6th, 2010 05:00 PM

what version of Vegas? I always edit in 8c, but rending with 8c often results in just what you've described. So I now always render in 9b or 9c, 64 bits - after I finish all editing in 8c (32 bits, of course). I do all this in Win 7-64bits.

I also try to keep only one codec on the timeline for all clips. Usually I create intermediates using PicVideo or Cineform first for all clips before loading them onto the timeline in 8c.

I also improved stability by placing all my video files from one camera on a 2-cam shoot onto one hard disk, all from the other camera on another hard disk, and all stills on a third hard disk. By doing that, crossfades etc. don't drive the hard disk heads into a frenzy as would be the case if I put everything onto a single hard disk.

So far, by following the above procedures, I've tamed my once-terrible rendering problems.

Stanley Szpala April 12th, 2010 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sigmund Reboquio (Post 1510575)
When I render, the processor stalls, and the render dialog box continues to indicate the time remaining but nothin really is hapening.

here is a fix to your problem:
Sony Creative Software - Forums - Vegas Movie Studio Messages
This is a Windows problem: 2GB and larger files cannot be processed under default settings. The fix worked for me.
Good luck.

Brian Luce April 13th, 2010 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanley Szpala (Post 1513535)
here is a fix to your problem:
Sony Creative Software - Forums - Vegas Movie Studio Messages
This is a Windows problem: 2GB and larger files cannot be processed under default settings. The fix worked for me.
Good luck.

This fix is for Movie Studio, anyone tried it with the Pro version?