DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   1080p You Tube Video with Sony EX1r/Vegas (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/476563-1080p-you-tube-video-sony-ex1r-vegas.html)

Duane Adam April 10th, 2010 09:37 AM

1080p You Tube Video with Sony EX1r/Vegas

This is my first finished video with a new Sony Ex1r. Shot in 30p and rendered in Vegas to the Sony AVC internet HD30p template. While it doesn't look like the master I don't feel its too bad.

Comments welcome.

YouTube - Sotheby's Los Gatos Victorian Revival

Erik Phairas April 10th, 2010 01:31 PM

Looks real sharp. I did think the pictures flashed on screeen a bit too quickly. Kinda hard to take it all in. But it looked nice!

Marc Salvatore April 10th, 2010 02:01 PM

It a nice piece and the quality is good. Since you asked here's a few comments.

First I liked the voiceover (good talent choice). I saw you did some crane shots. I would have liked to see more of them and much earlier in the film because they add so much. I thought the black and white was distracting. I know you were trying to connect it with the past but I would have only done it once if at all. I personally don't like the old film look either (it's so overused in videos usually for no reason).

I agree on the transitions being too fast. Since you used a female voice (nice choice as well) I would have tried bringing her in much sooner so they would feel more like a team. Also when you were talking about the town it would have been nice to see more places like the Farmers Market etc.

Overall great work. Hope these suggestions help. I always like getting outside feedback.

Regards, Marc

Matthew Amirkhani April 10th, 2010 02:10 PM

HI Duane,

I really enjoyed it. NICE JOB!!

Did you do any color corrections in Vegas?
I loved the graphics and the Titles. How did you do them which program?

Thanks
Matthew

Duane Adam April 10th, 2010 04:39 PM

Really appreciate the comments. I agree about the transitions, but the crossfades had too much pixelation on the internet version so I removed most of them. Didn't do much color correction but did use Vegas color curve to adjust exposure. Graphics such as the 3d Sotheby's logo were done in After Effects, most of the text was done with Vegas.

Seems 30p translates nicely to the internet, but not to Blu-ray. Any thoughts on shooting 24p for both?

Brian Luce April 10th, 2010 09:03 PM

Nice job. I'd use fewer shots, longer shots, and fewer stills too. I like exterior shots where you see a little bit of rustling leaves or branches swaying. Started getting the slide show effect here.
I liked the graphics too. Generally I think the whole think could be half as long. My fav shots were the sailboats.

On a related note, from recent experience, those shots of the stainless stoves don't work so great with the Canon 7d :(

Marius Boruch April 10th, 2010 10:09 PM

Duane,
How did you handle blue daylight (windows) with yellow indoor???

Duane Adam April 12th, 2010 06:59 PM

Sorry Marius, not certain what you're asking. If you mean the interior shots where the windows are dark blue, they were just dusk shots.

Thomas Moore April 13th, 2010 09:47 AM

Very NIce, but I agree with Marc, transistions are too fast, might have worked better with a simple cut instead of a transition and too much black and white usage.

Overall very nice and of course if the client was happy :)

Paul Cascio April 13th, 2010 06:45 PM

Great job Duane. I too am interested in how you did the graphics, logo and titles. BTW, isn't Gilroy the garlic capitol? My wife is a garlic addict and would love to attend the festival.

Duane Adam April 15th, 2010 02:55 PM

Yeah garlic capitol. If you like garlic ice cream, this is your place. If you ever attend the festival, look me up. I live across the street from it.

The still graphics were done in illustrator and then saved as a png file with a transparent background.

As mentioned, the 3d spinning logo was done in after effects, rendered as an AVI file and dropped into the timeline.