Vegas Pro 9.0d released - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old April 12th, 2010, 02:44 PM   #16
Major Player

OK with by me

I took the plunge and I am thrilled!
1. No more red clips.
2. Fantastic improvement of picture quality on secondary monitor.

Otherwise flawless playback speed at 24fps Best(Full) opposed to 9c where I experienced at times slowdowns.

I loaded a 30 minute project with many layers of sound tracks, 720p, no issues.

I'm happy (so far).
Old April 12th, 2010, 05:19 PM   #17
Major Player

Ive submitted a support ticket with Sony, will let you know what happens.
Paul are you using cineform or magic bullet? are you using vegas 64bit or 32 bit
There must be a reason for the issues some people are having.
cheers john
Old April 12th, 2010, 05:51 PM   #18
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Fierlinger View Post
I took the plunge and I am thrilled!
1. No more red clips.
2. Fantastic improvement of picture quality on secondary monitor.

Otherwise flawless playback speed at 24fps Best(Full) opposed to 9c where I experienced at times slowdowns.

I loaded a 30 minute project with many layers of sound tracks, 720p, no issues.

I'm happy (so far).
What kind of footage is that 720p? m2t?
Old April 12th, 2010, 06:42 PM   #19
Trustee

Wow, lots of new features and improvements. I was not expecting so much in this release. Thanks Sony.
Old April 12th, 2010, 06:43 PM   #20
Inner Circle

No problems upgrading either 32 bit version or 64 bit version . My system running Vista 64. Both version loaded quickly and loaded all the list of veg files under the file menu carried over from 9.0c Haven't tried much else since the veg's contained both HDV , AVCHD ( 1440 and 1920x1080) and there were a few veg files of just audio mixing. All seemed to work just fine.

Ron Evans
Old April 12th, 2010, 07:53 PM   #21
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Estcourt View Post
Ive submitted a support ticket with Sony, will let you know what happens.
Paul are you using cineform or magic bullet? are you using vegas 64bit or 32 bit
There must be a reason for the issues some people are having.
cheers john
John & Brian,
I'm importing uncompressed 720p Avi's (for easier playback in Vegas) which I render from the original 1080p BMP files generated in an animation application (TVPaint) so there is no camera involved in my pipeline. I'm using Vegas 32 bit and most of my sound tracks are WAV forms but occasionally I use Mp3 tracks too.
Old April 13th, 2010, 04:59 AM   #22
New Boot

Vegas Pro 9d problems with Cineform clips, and rendering.

<< Moved to Cineform forum, to avoid cross-posting.. >>

Last edited by Robert Gadsdon; April 13th, 2010 at 06:17 AM.
Old April 13th, 2010, 09:33 AM   #23
Regular Crew

Watching this thread with much interest, in the middle of two projects so can't take the plunge now...
Old April 13th, 2010, 01:29 PM   #24
Regular Crew

Cannot use multiple instances

I am no longer able to edit with 9d using my favorite editing style of using multiple instances of Vegas as scene bins and constructing the story by cut and pasting from the scene bins into the main time line.

With previous versions of Vegas I could rapidly scroll through my scene bins, but with 9d 64 bit one must wait for some time after shifting from one instance of Vegas to another before that instance will respond and then scrolling rapidly through it will cause it to hang up. There are no problems scrolling through the timeline with only one instance open.

I did not install 9d 32 bit and can still open the scene bins and scroll rapidly through them with 9c 32 bit.

I do like the improved pre-view image and the new white balance tool, but if losing the ability to edit using multiple instances of Vegas is the price that one must pay for this, I am very unhappy and will be re-installing 9c 64 bit.
Old April 13th, 2010, 07:03 PM   #25
New Boot

Sony is losing it...

For as much as I like and prefer Vegas, Sony is losing it. 9.0d 64bit gives memory errors, red screens, and refuses to render my usual converted AVCHD (converted to wmv by VotaicHD) mixed with stills so, after
an unpleasant half-day I uninstalled 9.0d and reinstalled 9.0c 64bit and now, at least, it works. I'm glad I don't depend on Sony Vegas for a living.
So much for my expectation of improvement!
Old April 13th, 2010, 07:41 PM   #26
Inner Circle

9.0d 64bit gives memory errors, red screens...

That's not what I'm reading on this and other forums.
Most users are cheering because memory errors and red screens are finally gone.

...and refuses to render my usual converted AVCHD (converted to wmv by VotaicHD) mixed with stills...

WMV??
I've always found that it's one of the harder formats to edit, even in SD :-(
I'm sure you have a reason for doing it but I have to ask why you're converting to WMV when there are inexpensive proxy tools that would make your life much easier.
Old April 13th, 2010, 08:05 PM   #27
Inner Circle

I have to agree with Mike, why are you converting AVCHD? I have been editing AVCHD native since Pro 8. It is not full resolution but more than adequate for editing. On my Q9450 I get smooth editing at about SD resolution and Pro 9 is about the same. If you really need to convert use Cineform at least it will then run faster if you have the disc speed.
9.0d upgraded for me really smooth.

Ron Evans
Old April 13th, 2010, 08:05 PM   #28
Trustee

I set a restore point this morning in case I needed to back to Rev. C and installed both the 32 and 64-bit versions of Rev. D. My OS is Vista 64-bit. I have spent all day testing both the 32 and 64-bit versions with a wide variety of .veg files from past projects and have had no problems. One of the new features that I really like is the ability to load layered Photoshop files across tracks.
Old April 14th, 2010, 04:38 AM   #29
Regular Crew

9d... taking the plunge

Hello,

I downloaded 9d last night, having until now been a confirmed and unshakeable fan of 8.0c. Prior trial versions of 9 didn't work well for me.

Such testing as I've managed to do so far indicate that 9d loads projects at least as fast as 8c, and plays back full HD AVCHD a bit quicker (eg solid 25fps on a clip with some colour correction, whereas 8c was hovering around the indicated 22fps or thereabouts on the same clip).

No crashes yet but early days... this is the 64 bit version running on Vista on a Dell XPS Core i7 920.
Old April 14th, 2010, 04:47 AM   #30
Regular Crew

Pah!

Well, that last post of mine was prophetic, in a bad way. No sooner had I posted it than Vegas 9d locked up trying to open an HDV project that I'd finished yesterday (in 8c) ... I think it's trying to do *something* because the %age progress indicator changes occasionally, but essentially it's as if the PC has locked up.

Ah well, I never minded the 8c colour scheme anyway :-)

Regards
David

PS Update: several minutes later the file HAS opened and Vegas 9d is running and playing the project like a charm. Weird
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...