Vegas Pro 9.0d released - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old April 17th, 2010, 07:45 AM   #46
New Boot

9D bugs sony responce

Sony have wrote to me and admitted the BUG on the PRO TYPE TITLER. The presets do not let you use gradient fill and black text is black even when swiped over. With a title created by the titler in the timeline rendering is a problem.Get all the low memory errors even using seconds of footage. Everything works fine on 9b.
How Sony can let this mess of an upgrade go out is beyond me. What are the beta testers doing?
The Pro Type Titler is one thing we use a lot and even that is not tested properly
Old April 17th, 2010, 07:47 AM   #47
Inner Circle

The Beta testers are posting their experiences to forums - just like this one.
Old April 17th, 2010, 07:59 AM   #48
New Boot

9d bugs

Hi Richard , but why release software even when the basics do not work correctly.
Old April 17th, 2010, 09:04 AM   #49
Old Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Maskell View Post
Sony have wrote to me and admitted the BUG on the PRO TYPE TITLER.
Maybe 'cos BETA testers have pointed it out to SONY? Maybe that's it?

Quote:
The Pro Type Titler is one thing we use a lot and even that is not tested properly
Sure. Maybe the problems aren't a fix that is going to be quick as you and I would wish? BETA testers must have great patience and forbearance?

Quote:
What are the beta testers doing?
Bringing to the attention of SONY what they are finding. I would think that BETA testers aren't, necessarily, programmers? And as such wouldn't be privy to the Q&A work-flow and controls. It wouldn't be wise to have that as an option?

Quote:
Hi Richard , but why release software even when the basics do not work correctly.
Ah, and now that is an excellent question, which maybe you should address directly at SONY. I should think that any BETA tester, of any s/w, would need to sign a Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA). In which case that BETA tester would NOT be able to comment on any BETA development.

Grazie
Old April 17th, 2010, 10:54 AM   #50
New Boot

Hi Graham i have asked that question to Sony, I dont expect a reply.
Old April 17th, 2010, 11:20 AM   #51
Old Boot

Keep asking. Then call . . then fly over and knock on their door! - You're gonna have to wait for Iceland to calm down though.

- g
Old April 17th, 2010, 11:24 AM   #52
Regular Crew

I uninstalled D from my 64-bit Vegas and installed version C. Now veg file open as fast as they always have.

What is really interesting is that even version C projects opened, modified and save under version D, that opened slow in version D, now not only open, but open fast in version C.
Old April 17th, 2010, 11:30 AM   #53
Trustee

Maybe Sony felt pushed to announce something at NAB to at least somewhat respond to Adobe's CS5. If that's the case, they may have released it prematurely.
Old April 17th, 2010, 03:38 PM   #54
Major Player

Back to Vegas8 !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Guthormsen View Post
I restored my computer and will wait a while and stay with 8.0c which I feel has been the soundest to date. Spent months with 9.0b and it was pretty good, but on longer projects (1.5 to 2 hour hd) it started the red frame issue for me!!!!

Dale Guthormsen
Dale, I have the same problem with big project, Vegas9 cannot handle large files it is only good for small project, I had a 20 minute project that I tried on Vegas9d and it worked fine using m2t files, I even loved the improvement of the window preview, but when I used large project it could not handle it at all, it froze up by clicking on anything on the timeline,
Old April 17th, 2010, 03:47 PM   #55
Trustee

Michael, Out of curiosity, what is you hard disc configuration? By any chance are you using an external hard disc? I'm just wondering if Vegas is losing association with the hard disc that has your project files. Also, does your hard disc have a sleep mode? I'm reaching trying to find an explanation. It's clear that you're having a problem with 9.0d but what isn't clear is what sort of system configuration variable is the cause of the problem.
Old April 17th, 2010, 04:18 PM   #56
Major Player

Jim, I have three internal hard drives (all Maxtor ATA Devices) the project that I'm working on sit on one drive by itself and the drive is not set up to go to sleep at all, I have no problem with Vegas8 running the same project.

I have a Quad 9650 3.00GHz 32-bit system on Vista with 3gb Ram.
Old April 17th, 2010, 04:29 PM   #57
Trustee

Michael, I will really be interested to hear what Sony does to fix this. I'm running Vista 64-bit on a Quad 9450 with 8GB of ram. No matter what I try, I can't create a problem. I'm also wondering if there is some sort of conflict with other installed software or maybe even hardware. You have clearly defined the problem that you are seeing so it's obvious that you aren't having a problem with an overactive imagination. I hope Sony explains for all to hear what the problem turns out to be.
Old April 17th, 2010, 04:39 PM   #58
Major Player

Jim, when you say you are trying to create the same problem are you using big project ? 3--to--18hours of m2t files.
For me the main problem is the big project, Vegas8 can handle it but Vegas9 can't, and you think it should be the other way around you should go forward not backward :).
I am going to try calling Sony on Monday to see if they have any solution.
Old April 17th, 2010, 05:31 PM   #59
Major Player

After reading other having issue with 9.0C .Veg file open slow and other says 9.0d open the same speed or faster. Today I decided to try it any way. Its works fine for me, no problem what so ever. I've opened 4 projects .veg file from 9.0c and it seems to open very fast on my i7 920 PC. All good for me.
Old April 17th, 2010, 06:08 PM   #60
Trustee

Michael, The longest project that I tried is about 2 hours and 36 minutes. It has three tracks each with three .m2t files on each track. It also has two tracks with AVC H.264 files in .mov wrappers. There are also two additional .wav audio tracks from two recorders. The tracks were synchronized with PluralEyes. Some of the clips have Magic Bullet Looks applied. Most all of the clips have other filters applied including New Blue effects.

I will put together a test project tomorrow that exceeds three hours to see what I observe. On your project that is over three hours, is everything on one track? Did you put it together in 8.0 and open it on 9.0d? I would like to match my test as closely as possible to your project setup.

I will post my observations after I try it.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...