Vegas Pro 9.0d released - Page 5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old April 17th, 2010, 07:25 PM   #61
Major Player

Jim, the project that I am working on is over 18 hours, I start editing the project on Vegas8, it has two main tracks that I work with and two other tracks that I just keep clips that I might use, I do not apply any filters until the end, so it's just straight m2t files and MP3 voice over files and some music.
Old April 18th, 2010, 05:17 AM   #62
Regular Crew

I installed 9D and when I went to use it, the preview window was showing frames from a previous project.
Then when cutting a football game, it self deleted everything off the timeline. Time and time again.
Is Just packed up and went home.

In the end, I uninstalled it and reloaded 9C. Which for me worked fine.

A question to Sony;
Why the heck did you release this when it was NOT ready?

Ben
Old April 18th, 2010, 07:56 PM   #63
New Boot

Sticking with Vegas Pro 9C for now...

So far, I haven't heard any compelling reasons to risk an upgrade.
There are not a whole bunch of success stories out there about installing 9D.
Until Sony responds to the issues I'm doing okay because 9C works fine for me.
Old April 19th, 2010, 01:44 AM   #64
Trustee

my 2c,
Ive only edited 2 short clips since the upgrade, both multicam HD cineform.
I had no probs whatsoever, all was sweet.
However, I should mention, my install coincided with me getting some new hard drives and I re installed 7 as well.
So I guess ATM I'm living in a dream where I have-
A clean Windows install
A clean Vegas Install
and fresh new fast hard drives.
However........If it starts being naughty, it'll be gone faster than a beer at the footy.
good luck people.
Old April 19th, 2010, 11:57 AM   #65
Trustee

Michael, I created two different project is Ver 8; one was a multi-track project. The other had one track. They were both about three and half hours long. I opened them uneventfully in 9.0d with no unusual behavior.

It's only a guess and I may be wrong, but I suspect there is some sort of file handling bug in 9.0d that shows up only in some as yet undefined configurations.
Old April 19th, 2010, 12:57 PM   #66
Major Player

Jim, thank you for your effort to solve this issue, I try to call Sony today but they have a heavy volume calls so I could not talk to anybody, I did send them an e-mail through Sony support about this problem.
I am going uninstall 90d and install 90C to see if it can handle large files, I have never used 90C, I went from Vegas8 to 90d.
Old April 19th, 2010, 01:08 PM   #67
Trustee

I really think Sony needs to expand it beta testing program. This could help ensure a more bug free release.
Old April 19th, 2010, 01:19 PM   #68
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Cascio View Post
I really think Sony needs to expand it beta testing program. This could help ensure a more bug free release.
Make that drastically expand the beta program.
I have yet to run any version of 9.0 on a regular basis because of the new bugs that keep showing up.
With this release, it seems that for every bug they fix, they introduce 2 new ones :-(
I was really hoping that this release would be the cure.
Old April 19th, 2010, 01:20 PM   #69
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Cascio View Post
I totally agree. Software manufacturers are caught between the desire to keep their next release secret and the need to sufficiently beta test. The desire for secrecy usually wins. Adobe has the same problem.
Old April 19th, 2010, 03:15 PM   #70
Regular Crew

I have been editing in 8c-32 and rendering in 9c-64 without any problems for months. However, I'd consider upgrading to 9d if it could handle large stills as well as 9b handles them. As it is, I sometimes must re-install 9b just so that I can create an .AVI that 8c and 9c can handle - neither can do that as well as 9b (I don't use 9b otherwise because of the red-frame issue).

Has anyone compared 9d and 9b regarding ability to pan/zoom with high-pixel-count stills?
Old April 20th, 2010, 06:47 AM   #71
Sponsor: JET DV

I think the beta testers are getting an unfair rap here. There are a lot of variables that people are assuming about the beta process - not all of which are true. I guarantee you many issues were found during the beta process.
Old April 20th, 2010, 11:58 AM   #72
New Boot

Another bug

When rendering a .mov witth the soft contrast , warm vignette plug in, the render fails. Low memory error or vegas stops working, Also have latest quick time so nothing to do with that. Renders fine without the plug in. Yet another problem i have found, sent to Sony
Old April 20th, 2010, 12:13 PM   #73
Sponsor: JET DV

Mark, what is your ram preview set to? I would try reducing that value and trying again.
Old April 20th, 2010, 12:31 PM   #74
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Troxel View Post
I think the beta testers are getting an unfair rap here.
Edward, I'm personally not giving anyone a bad rap.
I just wish that Sony would expand the number of beta testers in an effort to find a lot of these bugs before the release date.
I've always felt that it's better to have a large group than a small one as not everyone is using the same hardware nor the same source material.
Old April 20th, 2010, 12:45 PM   #75
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Troxel View Post
Mark, what is your ram preview set to? I would try reducing that value and trying again.
ram preview default.i have a new pc with 12gb of ddr3 ram. 4ghz processor 64 bit so no memory problem.i am rendering a 10 sec clip from a .mov file to hdv.should be no problem.but low memory error or crash occur with soft contrast plug in in .mov file.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...